CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

If you see a string, don’t pull it- SERIOUSLY!

Jeff and I had a quiet weekend with just Jade. Jenna went with Justin and we are READY For her to come home. (She comes tomorrow morning!) Jeff cleaned the back porch. It was so dirty, but he couldn’t clean it before because some birds built a nest back there. Grr. I will work on getting things situated out there later this week.

I made a dress for Jade and matching shirts for Jenna and I. I can NOT sew, so it was a true adventure. Poor Jade’s dress is right pitiful. I got the pattern off of the Internet. It wasn’t a pattern, actually. It was a description with measurements and I free handed it.

I had a pattern for the shirt for Jenna and I. They turned out ok, but not great. We will wear them and that will be that, I think.

Jeff vacuumed while I sewed. Thanks, Jeff!

 

 DSC_3820  DSC_3822

Jade modeled her dress for me. Jeff was trying to get her to look at the camera and he accidentally said, “Hello.” If you say “Hello” Jade will answer the phone. (see pics) She also does this if a phone (any phone) rings, anywhere.

DSC_3823 DSC_3821DSC_3819

Here are the 3 pieces: top to bottom: Jade, Jenna, Jan.

DSC_3825

Now, I just have to get Jenna to wear hers. She complains over the seams in a tshirt and elastic in pants…this could be tricky!

Gotta go- Jade is screaming from her bed. Why is she awake at 9:45!?

7 comments:

abeachcottage said...

these are lovely, love the vacuuming shot too!

Sara said...

These are so very cute! My mother-in-law who is an amazing seamstress gave me a second hand sewing machine years ago. It is a doorstop in my closet. (Sad, but true.) I am intimidated beyond belief by sewing, but I might just have to give these a go...

the undomesticated wife said...

Ooo! How cute! I just love this!

Katie said...

Great fabric and that they all look fab! Love that your little one answers the phone to hello too. Too cute!

Kristi said...

Oh, how precious!!!

Nicole A. said...

So cute! They look awesome! You did a great job on them!

Its So Very Cheri said...

I have fabric for my lil girl and was thinking @ a pillow case dress.

I hope you'll come visit me as well and I have a give away going on.
Cheri
its so very cheri