I tried this recipe and everyone has been raving over it. All recipes that I deem as true winners, I try to put on the blog so that I can reference them later.
Truthfully, they are more for me, than you, but if you can benefit- even better!!!
Not such a great picture, because it’s half eaten…but you get the point.
Ingredients
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used white and choc swirl)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (I don’t measure)
Directions
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Allow to come to a boil, and cook until the mixture becomes the color of a brown paper bag, and the temperature has reached 285 degrees F (137 degrees C) (but who really takes the temperature??- just watch color). Stir constantly. It will take 10-15 minutes of constant stirring to turn brown. I also found that if I stopped stirring, but kept watching, for like 30 seconds at the time, it would tend to brown faster. You just have to be careful, because they say it will scorch fast. I think maybe the stirring slows down the cooking.
- While the toffee is cooking, cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- As soon as the toffee reaches the proper temperature, pour it out onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the chocolate over the top, and let it set for a minute or two to soften. (the chips won’t look melted, but they are) Spread the chocolate into a thin even layer once it is melted. Sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate, and press in slightly.
- Place the toffee in the refrigerator to chill until set. Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
It’s YUMMY!!!!





2 comments:
Boyh were delish, Caro and I were looking for the toffe this AM, but you took it home!! c
I made this recipe tonight, it is in frig cooling, for some reason could not get it to turn brownish in color, will let you know how it turns out. I also tried your cheese straw recipe, it was great!! Keep posting these wonderful recipes!
Merry Christmas!!
Kim
Post a Comment