CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wedding Party and Flowers

If you follow my blog you know that I participate in Kelly's Korner Show us Your Life Friday. This week she is featuring Wedding Parties and flowers from our weddings.

We did not go all out on flowers. I carried 6 red roses and the bridesmaids carried 1 white rose each. Jenna carried a bunch of red roses in a mini South Caroline football helmet.

The wedding party was a bit more interesting than the flowers. We had 6 attendants each. For a small wedding that was a LOT of people. You can tell from some of the pictures that it was a FUN weekend.

Told you I had the best husband ever….

This is one of my dear friends, Dawn. She is the PE coach at my school. We used to exercise a lot together, but too many children have changed that for me! She hostes our engagement party at her beautiful lake home.

Below is my dear sister in law, Caroline. I bet most of you read that name as Caroline that sounds like “clothes line”, but it’s actually Caroline as is Carolyn. She is French Canadian. She calls herself the “aunt that talks funny.” Speaking two languages is not funny to me- it’s amazing! She is the best sis in law ever. I was in her wedding in Canada the year before. That was a VERY FUN wedding. Caro was my maid of honor. She also let me borrow her tiara that she wore in her wedding. My mom bought it for her. (I think.)

Here is another school teacher friend, Dena. We taught together for only one year, but have remained close. She is a very faithful friend. She has such a passion for people. She will one day be a fabulous wife and mother.

This is my first cousin, Hope. Hope is actually one of the daily readers of my blog. (thanks, Hopey) She is a CPA. She was the maid of honor in my first wedding. You know you love someone when they are in BOTH of your weddings. HA! I was her maid of honor 2 years before this. Her husband, DErrick, played the music for my beach wedding and he also sang the Father- Daughter dance. They are a very talented couple.

Summer, is my other sister in law. She is Jeff’s baby sister. She was 6 months pregnant with her son Chase at my wedding. She was a trooper to agree to be in a wedding while pregnant. She lives and works on Hilton Head Island. (Lucky, LUcky)

Cass is another teacher friend, but we were friends before she became a teacher. She has a daughter who is just a few weeks older than Jenna. We became friends through that. She then went back to college to get her teacher degree and now teaches special education. She is the most thoughtful friend.

Jenna is a pro at being a flower girl. She was in 4 weddings in less than 2 years. I will rent her out if someone needs a flower girl. She has never "cut up"during a wedding. She always does her duty well. (ok, so once she did fall head over heels during the middle of Hope's ceremony, but hey..she was only 3! Hope's train was wrinkled and she wanted to fix it....she just forgot she was standing on a step and went tumbling...lost a shoe and all!...Broke up some of the tears that people were shedding from Derrick singing to Hope.)

The Best Man- Rocky, AKA Pappy, Jeff’s dad. We were married at the condo complex that Jeff’s family manages. Rocky had the grounds in immaculate shape for our wedding. He and Carol (JEff’s mom) went to great lengths to make sure our day was perfect and we really appreciate it.

Seth, hmm, what do I say. Seth and Jeff played football together at South Carolina. Seth can be the most serious person you ever met and then again, he canbe straight foolish. He was on the foolish side at our wedding.

Shawn, another one of Jeff’s best friends. They have been friends since they were very young. Shawn now lives in Charlotte, NC. He and Seth would have to be Jeff’s closest friends. They all talk on the phone several times a week.

Bobby Labartino is one of Jeff’s friends from Hilton Head. I guess they somewhat grew up together. Bobby is an awesome actor and performs at playhouses all over Atlanta. Honestly, the wedding is the one and only time I have ever Bobby. (take that back: ran into him at Wild Wing once)

Here is my brother, Todd. He and Caro flew in from Oregon for our wedding. The summer before we all went to Canada for his wedding. Too bad all of the family is now married or we could have another trip. Oh wait, there’s always cousin Anthony who needs to get married…I recommend the Caribbean, Anthony.

My Daddy, (AKA Clayborn or Pop) gave me away. This is the first time I had seen him at the beach since 1990! I guess it’s just not his thing.

Now to Jason. Jason is Jeff’s younger brother. He is a chef and everything I have ever eaten of his has been wonderful. If you go to Hilton Head and visit Sun City, check out The British Open Pub…he makes the BEST Lobster Pot Pie there.

Here are the guys looking all GQ. Pop and Pappy elected to stay outta these pics.

Crazy Nuts….This should give you an idea of what the reception was like. Come back next week for pics of that.

***BEt that got the attention of all of you who weren’t in the wedding but participated in the fun at the wedding. it could be YOU pictured next week.

Next week is receptions and honeymoon.

2 comments:

Hope said...

I made the blog - yay!

Unknown said...

I've so enjoyed looking at all the ladies' wedding photos. There's so much love, beauty and creativity.
I love your dress. Everyone looks so gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful day!