CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Wedding Dress

Kelly at Kelly’s Korner is once again hosting her “Show us Where You Live Friday.” This week is wedding dresses. I guess we are supposed to show off our wedding dress.

Also, It’s Frugal Friday at The SHabby NEst. Since this dress was a frugal find, I’ll add this to their list as well.

(a 2 for 1 post- if that ain’t frugality, i don’t what is.)

Here is mine: (This is not me.)

B-1088

We were married in March of 2007 at Hilton Head Beach. We had a VERY casual wedding. It was a LOT of fun. Those who came expecting formalities and tradition left very disappointed. The other 98 out of 100 guests had a LOT of fun.

This dress was ordered from this web site: http://www.weddingdressonline.com/list.asp?id=1826&name=AL138

At the time it cost $159, but I see it is now $299. Guess it sold well. The address is a place in New York City. The person I talked to was an older Asian lady. I could just picture my dress in one of those underground or backroom shops in China Town. However, after a little research I found that almost all bridal gowns from the boutiques are made in Asia. Of course, I’m not referring to the multi thousand $ designer dresses.

ry%3D4006

ry%3D400

The dress was excellent in quality and not a single bead fell off. It was perfect for a beach wedding where it was drug through sand and grass, etc.

ry%3D4005

I had it altered and pressed. That added another $150 for the cost, but still a deal.

ry%3D4002

I wish I had a picture of the box that the dress arrived in. It was about 3 inches deep and just slightly bigger than a shirt box. No wonder it needed pressing. It was almost vacuum sealed.

ry%3D4004

So there is my wedding dress. I have referred many a bride to this website since. I was pleased with my transaction and loved my dress. (loved the price, too)

ry%3D4003

I didn’t have any pictures on this computer, so I had to take these off Shutterfly and they don’t always download so well. Sorry.

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the photo with the two of you and the little girl playing behind you!!

Wendy said...

Jan! Congratulations! You won the RHBDesigns drawing on my blog. Email me at shabbynest (at) yahoo (dot) com, and I'll get you in touch with Rosalynn at RHBDesigns!