That darn Aunt Mary Sue (and all of you who know her in real life just went, “Uh oh, This outta be good!”) You see, Aunt Mary Sue is one of the smarted ladies I know. She is book smart and has common sense. (a rarity) However, she has a way of getting you hooked into doing things or going places that you never thought you would be doing. It happens very fast, too. It’s not like you have time to think, “Hey, Aunt Mary Sue is coming over and I wonder what we will get into?” It’s more like, “Oh, hey, yeah, sounds good.” and WHAM you are committed to something you hadn’t planned on. Such as today’s fine example….
She recently told me about a new sewing store out at the lake called The Stitching Barn. She was looking at (NOT admiring) my dresses that I made and ended up telling me about this new shop. She is a very talented sewer and she just looks at my creations and says, “hmm, you need to work on that.”
Anywhoo, When Jade got up from her am nap, we headed over to The Stitching Barn. (Just gonna be a quick browse to check it out- just me and Jade) Well, Lo and behold, who happens to be there? Aunt Mary Sue. BUT, she has also roped another teacher, Gloria into meeting her there. (Aunt Mary SUe and I teach together, too.) They were signed up for a class to learn how to make a quilted bag. The class is this Saturday. Gloria is talking bout how she hasn’t sewed in years, but has just been roped into this gig for Saturday. Within minutes I found myself signed up for the class, materials purchased, and all set. Mind you I don’t even have clearance from Jeff that he will keep the girls. What the heck am I thinking?! They tell me it just requires straight line sewing. Yea, it’s the STRAIGHT part that gets me!
To boot- now Aunt MS and Gloria are coming over here at 6:30 tonight to finish cutting our goodies to make this bag. Jeff doesn’t know about that yet, either. I think that will be fine. (I hope.)
How did this happen so fast?!
It’s gonna be fun, though. Or at least interesting.
At lunch (yep, we had impromptu lunch, too) I remembered I had an old camera in my diaper bag. The pic below is AUnt MS attempting to hide from the camera because she is afraid I will dis on her in my blog like I do Aunt Carol. (HAve I dissed on her, yet? If so, it’s only the truth.)
I assured her I wouldn’t dis (unless the truth is a dis) so she smiled for me. I enjoyed my morning with Aunt MS and Gloria. Stay tuned to hear about how our class goes this weekend. GUarantee: MS’s will be BEAUTIFUL (best of show kinda beautiful), mine will be a bit warped, and according to Gloria, hers will be in a race for warpness with mine.
Not sure about Jade’s face here. She kinda looks like I picture my bag turning out- warped! Ha!
Here are a few pics of Jade that were on this camera from another day.
Jenna is with Nonni at Aunt Carol’s. She is NEVER home anymore.
Aunt Carol, yes, your comment posted. Good job! IF you can’t be a blogger, at least be a blog commenter. Pass my blog along to your friends- I wanna be the talk of the bunko table, or the supper club, or the garden club, or the country club, or whatever else you participate in.





1 comments:
I DO NOT LIKE IMPROPER ENGLISH AS YOU KNOW. YOU PUT SEWED, SHOULD IT BE SEWN?? I REALLY NEED TO KNOW..CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR BAG...
Post a Comment