It seems that our dear governor has decided that its a good idea to give teachers a 3 day furlough for the upcoming school year. I wonder if he knows teachers already work for free several days a year! Most teachers spend countless hours working after school, before school, summer days, and weekends. (and that doesn’t include grading papers while watching TV) Now, I am not one who typically puts in a LOT of extra hours. I try to work very efficiently and get it done during school hours. However, even I find myself working for free.
For example: Yesterday and today were the days that our school was having meetings to determine placement of students who did not pass the CRCT. Teachers were called and asked to attend these meetings. No, we weren’t forced, but we all do what we can to help the school, and so most of us volunteered to come for at least a few meetings. I worked from 9:30-2:30 today. Free- why furlough me? I work for free anyway? Someone please tell the governor that!
A few of us went to a new place to eat in town called Hannah’s for lunch. Twas excellent. I had the BLT (which I pronounce Blut) with avocado. (guess that makes it a blat.)
Excuse the pics- they were all taken by this darlin’ Raveyn.
Yep, that’s Aunt MS again- remember we teach together, too. She is sitting with my friend, Wendy. Wendy has a new baby named August. He is a cutie! She lets me photograph him and I love her for that!
Here I am learning to make a Delta- it’s harder than you think. My pinky is wrong here.
That’s Raveyn’s mom, Shay.
Here are a few pics from last night’s cutting party. Gloria didn’t make it, but she better show up for the class on Saturday.
Just a shot of Jenna while she is home for a change.
Peace out…holla…..





2 comments:
Message for Jenna--I love and miss you! Hope you can ride to the airport with me on Sunday. xoxo, nonni
Jan...I am loving this!!! It's better than the community gossip column I read in the Sparta Ishmaelite...probably because I know you and most of those you talk about...LOL
Post a Comment