CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dog Breath Chili

This is my chili recipe. It has now won 3 straight Chili Cook Offs. I have made it for my family a lot and they like it. It is spicy, but Jenna eats the heck out of it.

It's a no bean chili- but add all the beans you dare. Your breath will be bad enough- I DARE you to add beans!! Go ahead try it- Let me know how that works for ya!

You can tweak the recipe as you like. I have made it so many different ways. It’s always gobbled up.

1lb breakfast sausage (browned, chopped, drained)

3lbs ground beef (see above)

6 cans of various beans (drained) if you dare- we do!

1 small onion minced (I use a little less- DOG BREATH)

2 cans beef broth

2 cans chicken broth

1/2 tsp oregano

3 tablespoons Cumin

1 head garlic pressed (a little less for less DOG BREATH)

3 tablespoons of chili powder

2 cans of hunts tomato sauce (8oz)

2 cans Ro-Tel (We used Hot habenero and Chili Fixings- whatever works)

2 jalapenos minced (seeded if you are a whimp)

1 tsp cayenne pepper

2 tsp Tabasco

2 tsp brown sugar

juice of 2 limes (YUM)

salt to taste.

This will be a THICK chili- to soup it up- add more chic or beef broth. I always have a couple extra cans just in case.

I cook in a BIG crock pot (or 2). Eat up! Don’t forget to put on your big girl panties- it’s spicy! Don't be skeered!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the beans? I guess with beans there's more to worry about than just your breath! :)

Wendy

Anonymous said...

What about the beans? I guess with beans there's more to worry about than just your breath! :)

Wendy

Anonymous said...

I think the beans are a great idea. the more the merrier! have a contest...

Anonymous said...

Please, Please save a bowl for me to try or at least a small taste. I would like to try before buying all these ingred. You make it every yr. and I have yet to had a taste...PLEASe!! LOL aunt carol