CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Play, MeMe and Pappy

Today has been a BUSY day and it will probably take me 3 or 4 posts to cover it all.

We stared out the day with traditional “stand in front of the tree and smile” pictures…

 DSC_7919 DSC_7921 DSC_7927 DSC_7930

Then headed to church for the dress rehearsal (and ONLY rehearsal) for the Christmas play. We practiced at 10 and performed at 11. Yep, that’s how we roll…

Jade was to play Baby Jesus and Jenna was the Star. I had a back up baby hidden beside Mary in case Jade bailed. I fully expected her to bail, so I took pictures during rehearsal just in case.

DSC_7942

The girls had a large fan club in the stands pews.

 DSC_7952

Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus were the first on stage which meant they were there the longest. I was a smart mom and hid two lollipops in the manger so Mary (Haley) could keep Jade happy.

DSC_7959

If you look closely you can see the suckers in the pics. The church cracked up when Haley pulled out the sucker and gave it to Jade. Ha!

 DSC_7960 DSC_7961

The older kids read the nativity verses and the little kids (dressed  in period costumes) filed in as their part was read. After each part the congregation sang an appropriate song. (ex: We Three Kings after the Kings arrived, etc)

DSC_7963

Jenna did a great job playing the star! Jade was a fantastic Baby Jesus. She stayed the WHOLE time…thanks to the sucker and a patient Haley.

DSC_7970

MeMe and Pappy came to church and the home with us. The girls opened their gifts and boy were they excited!!

Jenna got a dress, a craft kit, a Barbie case, an iPod dock that changes colors, and 2 Justice gift cards. She was a happy girl!!

DSC_7974

Jade got Baby Einstein books, a ride on turtle, a play camera, a punching bag penguin, a play laptop, and 2 pretty dresses.

DSC_7977 DSC_7979 DSC_7982

Uncle Jason gave Jade this darling tea set.

DSC_7983 DSC_7984 DSC_7989 DSC_7993 DSC_7994

AMS came down and showed us the painting she bought yesterday. The guy who painted it has NO HANDS! He drew it with a Sharpie in HIS MOUTH! She had pictures of him drawing it. AMAZING!

 DSC_7995 DSC_7996

The Macs came over for a visit.

DSC_7999 DSC_8000 DSC_8001 DSC_8002

Jenna showed Pappy a thing or two about the computer.

DSC_8004

DSC_8006

What a great day. I hate that they had only a shirt visit. I have invited them to come and stay for a while and they say in January they plan to come for longer visit. I sure hope so.

0 comments: