CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Favorite Jenna Story

While we were in the movie tonight, Jenna leaned over and reminded me about an incident last Christmas season.

Background info: When Jenna was 4 yrs old she was an angel in the church Christmas play. Since all of the angels were very young, a teenager, Rob, served as the head angel and did the speaking part. He wore a very shiny gold robe.

When Jenna was 5 she was Mary in the play and the young kids who played angels were big enough to handle the speaking role. They all wore white and no one wore the gold shiny robe.

Fast forward to last year when Jenna was 6- I asked her what part she would like in the play and she thought and thought….

Then she piped up and said, “I want to be Harkle Harold!”

Hmm, That was a new one on me. Who the heck is Harkel Harold?!

When I asked her what she meant, she said, “You know, the head angel who wears the shiny gold robe…you remember, Rob played Harkle Harold a few years ago.”

Umm, Yes Jenna, I remember Rob playing the angel that spoke, but who named him Harkle Harold…

Jenna’s reply was: “Mama, you know the song says “Harkle Harold, the angel, SINGS, glory to the newborn king. So, Harkle Harold is the angel that sings or speaks. I want to wear the gold, shiny robe and speak.”

I laugh every time I hear Hark, the Herald Angels Sing! I am trying to prepare myself for tomorrow because I KNOW that we will sing it in church either tomorrow or next Sunday.  How will I keep from cracking up!

Never assume that a child understands the same things we do….

and by the way- Jenna did wear the gold, shiny robe last year, but not as HArkle Harold- she was the star. She will be the star again this year.

now that’s funny!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new Christmas colors!! Enjoy reading your blog so much!! Merry Christmas!!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

I am so glad she can laugh about it!! lol

Anonymous said...

OH, that's a funny story -- now I will laugh every time I hear "Hark The Herald Angels Sing."
bj