CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year’s Eve

We spent NYE with some friends and their families. We celebrated with a HUGE meal of fondue. Jade stayed with Nonni and Pop and Jenna went with us.
   DSC_8657 DSC_8695
There were a couple of couples there who we literally only see at NYE each year. We all live in the same small town, we like each other, but we ONLY celebrate NYE together. I think we need to fix that in 2010.
 DSC_8697
This couple below has been married for 12 days.
DSC_8698
Did you know that a fry daddy can be used for fondue? BRILLIANT! So glad I didn’t buy a pot. I considered it because I think fondue would be a fun family meal. I have 2 heated pots at home that will work just fine. Thanks for the idea, Lindsey.
 DSC_8699 DSC_8700
We fondued ( is that a word?) filet, ribeye, shrimp, scallops, broccoli, mushrooms, green peppers, fried frozen shrimp, pork, and …that’s all I can remember.
DSC_8701
My FAV was the scallops. The shrimp were yummy, too. Of course the meat eaters liked the filet. The mushrooms were good, too. We had baked potatoes and salad, too.
DSC_8702

DSC_8704 DSC_8706 DSC_8707
I was attempting to play the guitar of Rockband when Jenna came in with BLUE hair. Needless to say, I failed out on the game.
DSC_8708 DSC_8709 DSC_8712
We karaoke-ed.
DSC_8714 DSC_8717 DSC_8721 DSC_8722
Long after the Karaoke was finished, the newlyweds sat in the floor and sang….you can tell they have only been married 12 days…give em another 10 days and that will be over!
DSC_8727
“Greg Light” played Transformers.
DSC_8729
Then it was time for midnight. We THOUGHT we had people watching the TV and the clock. We had hopes that they would alert us when the year was approaching….uhm, they did NOT!
Yes, we MISSED New Years!!! (by only like 2 minutes)
DSC_8732 DSC_8733 DSC_8734
So we called the kids downstairs and we had our own countdown.
 DSC_8735 DSC_8736
even if it was late..we counted down…
DSC_8738
and then did sparklers with the LONGEST lasting sparklers I have ever seen. They were left from Adam and Jessica's wedding and apparently you can get them in Augusta (possibly the state line?). They were NICE! Thanks Adam and Jessica.
 DSC_8739 DSC_8740 DSC_8741 DSC_8742 DSC_8743 DSC_8745
This is the Morris’ new toy from Santa. I’m not sure what the neighbors thought about hearing it at 1am!
DSC_8749
DSC_8750
Some bubbly (grape juice!)
DSC_8751
DSC_8752
Jenna went home with Ryleigh and they will come here later today. We have big plans for LOTS of football and food. Todd, Caro, Victoria, Nonni and Pop, and Julie will also be here. For those of you in town…come on over…the more the merrier.
Sorry JJ and Greg- I did not get any pictures of your family at the party. How did I miss that?! I even missed the last shot where “Greg Sr” sealed the Pong game. I failed at my job of journalizing NYE.
BTW- in the first game of pong I (yes me) sealed the game with the last shot. BooYah!
Thanks to the Morris family for hosting this great NYE party. I MUCH prefer to be with families to celebrate the NY rather than at some loud, wild place. (wait the Morris’ was loud and wild- but it was the kids for the most part) (ok, so maybe the adults were loud and wild, too, but it was good clean fun, at least!) Thanks for a great evening!
I’m glad to see 2009 go! It was a tough year and I’m looking forward to 2010 and it’s blessings.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of great pictures. how many changes of clothes did jenna have?? glad yall had fun. lol a. carol