So, there will be no pics of a pie in my face…why?
Because my “hoops” partner and I dominated the free throw competition. (Ok, so we only got one shot between us, but the other team got 0.)
Yes, I granny shot. No, I didn’t ring any, but I hit the rim or came VERY close on every shot. I was not embarrassed.
I was super kind when I put the pie in my opponent’s face. I will have some pictures on Monday. I forgot to bring my card reader to school, so I couldn’t get the pictures from Danny’s camera.
I did not wear the prom dress, but I kinda wish I did.
Tonight I went to the funeral home to pay my respects to my friend Cliff’s family. They had a picture of him near the guest book that made me (and several others) question if we were at the right place. You see, Cliff had suffered for many years from a HORRIBLE disease that ravaged his body. It was nice to hear stories of his football and baseball playing days. Apparently, he was the high school hottie and one heck of a ball player. He was a great man and I will miss him, particularly at Tuesday night Bible study.
I have ALWAYS ordered birthday cakes from a baker or Publix. Last year I was taken aback when Jenna’s cake was close to $40! This year I decided to make it myself. This worked out well for several reasons:
1) All of the recent parties have had “mommade” cakes
2) She wanted chocolate and some friends wanted vanilla
3) She wanted Peace sign (what else?) and that’s easy to make
4) It’s cheaper
I must admit that I had to borrow cake pans from Mama-Mac. How is it that my over stocked kitchen does not contain cake pans?! I don’t plan on making many, so I will probably just borrow when I need them.
They are FAR from perfect, but I think Jenna will like them. Obviously, 1 is choc and 1 is vanilla. I used sour gummy worms for the peace sign and sprinkles for the inside.
It’s good enough to make an 8 year old happy…I hope.
Tomorrow should be fun busy. I start the day at 9am working the local food distribution. BETA has some members helping with this. I wanted to take some time to volunteer in honor of MLK, Jr. day, and this seems like a good way. After 1 hour of volunteering, I will head to That Pizza Place for some Peace, Love, Pizza a.k.a Jenna’s party. That should wrap up around 1, just in time for our 2pm basketball game. After that I think we will have some quiet time to clean our house.
Sunday will be busy, too. I will post more on that later.
Jenna is gone. Jade is asleep and Jeff and I are about to watch a movie. Good night!





1 comments:
The cake looks fine, as long as it taste good that is all that matters! I am looking forward to pep rally pics!!
Kim
Post a Comment