CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthday Party Treat Baskets

Every year around this time our family begins the great debate on what to do to celebrate Jenna’s birthday. I feel like we are running out of ideas and she is only 8! This year she chose to have her party at That Pizza Place which is our fav pizza place and just happens to be owned by some of our fav people.

The kids will make their own pizzas, eat, have cake, and play some mean games of BINGO.

Ok, so the first birthday dilemma has been conquered with little pain. Now, what to do for treat bags. I HATE spending $$ on little plastic thingies that will end up in the trash. So,….I have to come up with something 1) in the budget, 2) useful and likeable, 3) that Jenna will like…ok, scratch # 3- she is not pleasable 100%, but I promised to try!

 

I decided to hike to the dollar store to see what I could snatch up there. I found these cute baskets in colors that match our “Peace sign” theme. (Did I tell you her theme is Peace, Love, Pizza?)

DSC_8929

I added some headbands, cool Kleenex, candy, gum, erasers, a cool hair tie ribbon  on top, glow sticks, pens, sticky notes, hilighters, pencils. I already had some of the stuff here at home. I think they turned out cute!

DSC_8931

I thought the baskets could be reused in the girls room or bathrooms. I bought a dark blue basket for the boys. The boys got Bubba teeth instead of headbands.

Below is a pic of what’s going in a special boy’s basket. He is 10 and is getting harder to shop for. Jeff has the mini bottles of Axe on his shelf, so I stole took them. I just need an idea of what to put them in. Ideas? Robyn? I guess I could always head back to the store and get another basket in dark blue. They were only 50 cents. His mom could use it if nothing else.

DSC_8932

and because I get hate mail if I don’t post pics of the kids…here they are this morning before church- bedheads and all!

 DSC_8926 DSC_8928   

 

and this is what Jade is doing while I blog. (Jenna is at Nonni’s.)

DSC_8933

For the BINGO prizes I am taking some goodies that I have in the gift/ supply closet- make up bag, notebook, Mickey mouse soap, lip-gloss, toothbrush, more Axe, tote bag, etc. The kids will get to choose their prize when they win.

If you live in my area That Pizza Place only charges $5 per kid (bday kid is free) for personal pizza and drink. They have a new location with a private party area. Their food is great, they deliver, and I highly recommend them. Look them up for your next party or family pizza night. (I should get compensated for this great commercial- someone tell Mike!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are any of the prizes things I gave you? I always have too much stuff and love to give it to you and your mom and Caroline when she is here. Jenna even likes some of the junk! so glad you took pictures of the wee ones. No more hate mail for you....ac

Jan said...

yes, AC, some of the prizes are from you- only the new stuff though.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great party in store for Jenna & her friends. I have a rubbermaid container that I keep "prizes" in as well.I will have to keep that pizza place in mind have not ever eaten there before, but heard it was really good.
Kim

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I think those are awesome gift baskets. Way better than anything I give out to my 4 year old and 2 year old's friends. ;) Good job! I'm visiting from Kimba's party. Hope you might stop by. :) Here's my link:
http://serenitynow4amanda.blogspot.com/2010/01/diy-winter-snowflake-banner.html

Anonymous said...

Just put it in a gift bag that you already have. He will be at his daddy's on that day because I have to work, so he may not get to come anyway. Thinks for always including him though.

Angie Holden said...

Great treat baskets!!

Tammy said...

Love your treat basket idea. All great, usable items in there. I hate the junky plastic goodie things, too. I like to give items that the kiddos can actually use, not throw away! :) I'm always looking for goodie bag ideas - Thank you!