I was planning to post that I just wanted to go to bed and pull the covers over my head, but just as I was about to post I got a call that has jolted me back to reality and made me more grateful.
But! that is NOT going to stop me from telling you how rotten my day has been…
1 and 2) sat in on 2 meetings- neither of which went so well (nothing bad to me- just hard to watch)
3) almost forgot- after all the drama yesterday, Jeff called to say a deer ran into his truck. Smashed up his door pretty good.
4) Jenna went to Justin’s. (Ok, so I should be used to this, but I still like it when she is home.)
5) Jeff came home from a trip (yea) to find the heat in the house set on 52! No dang wonder I was cold!!! (Who touched the thermostat? I should tell them thank you after our nearly $500 power bill!)
6) Jeff came home and did not want dinner. This would have been GREAT if not for the fact that I skipped dinner the last 2 nights. I was hungry.
7) I decided to go to Taco Bell (yep, the one 20 miles away) to get dinner. (and maybe I picked up a bottle of wine while I was out.) I ordered 3 items…ALL 3 WERE WRONG! A) They put meat in my potato burrito- Grr! and Gross! B) They put onions in my bean burrito Grr! and Gross! again! C) The totally left out my nachos! GRRRR! BUT, they got the cup of water correct. Yes, Jeff called and left a nasty message. I made homemade nachos when I got home. Should have just done that to start with.
8) I have no depth perception at night…so driving in the dark is ugly. Yes, it was dark when I drove to Taco Bell. I’ll save the details, but maybe an 18 wheeler blew the horn at me. YIKES!
Then, when I was all ready to complain and whine on the blog about my day, I was given a reminder that I don’t have it bad at all. I am thankful for my job (even the bad days), our vehicles (even the deer dented one), our insurance agent (Yes, shout out to Bruce, again), a warm home and money to pay the darn $500 power bill, my husband (even if he came home full on a Friday night), Taco Bell (hallelujah one is opening in Eatonton soon!), homemade nachos, and vision (even if it is such that I can’t drive at night- Think Dialogue in the Dark, Jan!)
I am also thankful for my girls( even when they make me want to pull my hair out and cause me to worry about them til I’m sick to my stomach!)
Life ain’t bad….I am blessed and need to shut up and be happy in my blessedness.
I’m taking my spoiled self to the hot tub and I’m gonna be thankful as I look up at the largest full moon of the year! I hear they call it a “wolf moon”. (I’m also thankful for payday and the weekend!)





1 comments:
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Get some rest and take a break!
Kim
Post a Comment