This morning started early for me. I helped with the local food distribution. We unloaded 7000lbs of food from the truck.
The distribution was at my old school. (Remember my school got moved.) I love this old school and I miss it. It felt like home to be back in the gym. There were TONS of people lined up when I got there at 8:30 am and the distribution did not begin until at least 10am.
We had some of the BETA members help us unload, etc. AMS and Lelin were some of the many who worked the assembly line.
There was a large variety of foods and drinks. I was happy to help out and want to take my family back to work this program again.
I left the food drive a little early so that I could make it to Jenna’s party in time. We had about15 kids and all went super well.
They made their pizzas, played BINGO with prizes, ate, had cake, opened gifts, and socialized.
Mr. Mike and Miss Wendy are our favorite Pizza People…EVER. This party was super cheap and SO EASY. The kids all had a great time and I HIGHLY recommend That Pizza Place for future parties that you might plan. We had a private area and could run and do as we pleased.
I love Landon’s face in this next picture.
Jenna got several dolls that she had been wanting. This one is a BFC, Inc doll from Justin and Robyn. She was so excited!
Is this child not beautiful?!! She is like a doll. Her parents should send her picture to Barbie and have them model a doll like her.
After the party we headed straight to Jenna’s basketball game. They lost again, but the score was not as brutal. I didn’t take any pictures of the game. I knew the blog post for today would be long enough without them.
Now Ryleigh is over and she and Jenna are cleaning up and organizing Jenna’s room.
We may or may not go to the movies tonight. Jenna got some passes for her birthday.
Tomorrow we will go to Atlanta to the Dialogue in the Dark and Bodies exhibits. That’s what Jeff and I gave her for her 8th birthday. She is excited and so are we.
Thanks to everyone who came to the party and helped to celebrate Jenna’s birthday. It was a fun and special day.





6 comments:
Sorry I couldn't be there...Robyn
I like the PCE(M)S sign on the curtain! Lottery funds must be drying up.
Ha! I didn't even notice the curtain sign. Actually, I am glad to see them improvise and "make do with what they have" considering that funds are so tight that teachers and other employees took a substantial pay cut. This makes me feel good about their money management. In tight times we shoudn't buy new curtain labels. It's possible that taking the letters down all together would have been a better idea.
The Beta students did an excellent job. They work tirelessly for the entire 3 hours. All of them want to know if "we can come back do this again next month". It was a rewarding experience for me too.
Glad to see my daughter was working. JK!! I will show her that picture when she returns from 4wheeler riding in the mud!! I noticed the curtain at the Christmas program, I think the letters need to just come down. Glad the party was successful! Will have to check into that for Kelsi's bday.
Kim
The party was fun and I got to see my two sweeties, Jenna and Jade!! LOL ac
Post a Comment