One of the many reasons that I love the South is because if the weatherman says that we are going to get ANY rain and it’s below 35 degrees, we PANIC! I mean Jenna and I didn't even put on coats to go pick up Jade today and yet we already know that school has been cancelled for tomorrow.
My yard is green and dry- but no school tomorrow….can I get a WAAAHOOOO!!??
True, it has been below freezing all week…and it will probably rain tonight..which MIGHT cause some ice…and it will snow in the northern parts of the state…so we need to go buy eggs, milk, and bread, and hunker down. (Jade has pulled out a whole box of Kleenex as I have typed this- Grr)
Todd, you would have SO much fun with Daddy and the weather tonight. Be sure to call him and ask him about our weather. (Don’t worry, Jade is stuffing the Kleenex back in the box now.)
Tonight we are celebrating the weekend early with a friend and a sushi roll and then we are hurrying home before the blizzard to watch the National Championship (NCAA).
I really wish we would get REAL snow. Jenna will be 8 in a couple of weeks and she has never played in real snow. It has dusted a few times and she has seen the white stuff, but not really good play snow. Last year we got a good bit, but it was wet and not powdery. It didn’t help that Jen and I had a stomach virus that day. (PIcs below from the Big Freeze of 2009- BTW the pic of Jade is my fav pic of 2009, I think. Love the DOF (depth of field))
The last time that we got good play snow was a few days before Jenna was born. (8 years ago) We hooked the knee board behind the 4 wheeler and sledded through the yard. I was 9 mo pregnant and even I sledded. (I’m glad I did now that I know it was the last time I would sled for at least 8 years!) I mean what was the worst that could happen? Labor? We did go slow and easy. (Here is me very pregnant with Jenna- taken a pic of a pic from Jenna’s baby book.)
Teachers got an email this afternoon letting us know about school closing. We were told NOT to tell the kids to avoid mass chaos. When afternoon announcements were about to come on and I knew that they kids would soon know, I started doing the “Snowky Pokey” telling the kids (7th graders) that this was like a rain dance. (Put your glove in, put your hat in, put your snow boot in, etc) The kids thought I was crazy until just as I was finishing, the intercom announced no school tomorrow. You should have seen their faces- PRICELESS! Bet they do what I tell them from now on! ha!
Let it snow- but I have my doubts! I love the South!
Yes, that is a Cheeto face! Daycare gave her the cheetos- they closed at 4:30 today- just in case it started raining before the expected 8pm! Ha! See, I told you we panic!





2 comments:
thank them for not having the colored cheetoes! We are going to friends to watch the game! My computer has been down and the computer guy fixed it today... somebody gave me a virus!! lol aunt carol
Yes the students I had today when wild when the announcement went out!! So sad though, no snow yet!! Hunter and Kelsi went out to feed dogs and they ran back in yelling, it's snowing, it's snowing, we all ran outside and they laughed at us!! I told them how dare you make me get off the sofa and computer!! LOL
Kim
Post a Comment