So by now you have noticed my blogs new look. EVERY time that I change the blog I swear that I will NEVER do it again because it is frustrating and I always end up losing some widgets. (yes, that’s the technical word) However, since the last blog look was rather Christmasy and it wouldn’t let me change the colors, I felt compelled to change. I have spent a LOT of hours searching for the right layout. If you have clicked on my blog in the last 12 hours there is NO telling what you found. I have made MANY mistakes trying to fix this thing. At one point the whole blog was gone. GRR!
I ended up finding this polka dotted layout that will let me change colors. Now if I strike a whim to want a seasonal scheme, I can do it myself without the hassle.
It’s not fancy, but it met my criteria:
1)free (they cost $15- $100s)
2)3 column (most are 2)
3) from a safe site (many are not)
4) colorful (I was almost ready to give up on this one)
5) would work (possibly the hardest)
The fact that this one is customizable made it a clear choice above all of the other, possibly cuter, ideas.
Jenna has basketball today. The one thing I LOVE about this time of year (well, there’s more than just 1 thing) is that I get to see Jenna EVERY Saturday even if she is with Justin. This is because her games are every Saturday.
Her team lost again. Kinda sucks because we have to play the SAME team EVERY week, so the fact that we have lost 2x in a row does not look good for the season.
Jenna is 100% non competitive on the court, but she enjoys playing. The Upward league teaches her Bible lessons and memory verses, too.
Jade has been extra sleepy today. She is napping now.
Jeff is vacuuming his truck and my car is next. Sadly, I have to clean my car before he can even begin to vacuum it.
We have both done laundry. We are washing sheets and clothes! With Jeff being gone this week we had extra clothes to wash this weekend. He usually washes during the week and I wash on weekend, but this week we are having to share the washer/ dryer.
By the way- We LOVE the Bounce Bar for the dryer. We still use homemade laundry detergent and add vinegar to Downey, but the Bounce is only like $7 the first time and $4 for a refill and it lasts 3 months. (I think.) Any who, we like it.
Today would make a great day to go to the movies, but I don’t know what to do with Jade.
Jeff has 2 trips next week for work. He has invited me to go on a day trip with him Monday. It will be a LONG day. (Like 7am- 11pm) I was hoping Jenna and Jade could stay with Nonni, but she is in the mountains and that’s just too long a day for the Macs. Oh well, it was kind of him to ask anyway.
Oh, since this is my scrapbook, Jade’s baby book, photo album, etc…I need to document this. Jade has been on almond milk since October. She has had major trouble with formula and milk since the beginning of life. (She was hospitalized at 7 weeks!) We kept her on formula for way over the recommended 12 months. We felt like she was settled and we wanted to leave her that way. In September (15 months) we tried to move her to whole milk. NO WAY! She could not have 1 ounce or she would not go to the bathroom. I’m talking major- bruises on bottom kinda problems. We kept her on juice and water for a whole month before I tried almond milk. That has worked well. Now that she is almost 20 mo old I tried whole milk again. We started with 1 cup a day at daycare and lately she has been drinking 2 cups. She is doing fine and I am thankful that her system is straightened out. Almond milk is still fine and healthy. It’s not even anymore expensive. I’m just glad to know I don’t have to guard her every sip.
We do buy organic milk. My doctor stresses that females do NOT need the added hormones in milk. You can research this for yourself and make your own decision. I don’t do much organic at all. It’s not readily available here and it’s too expensive. The dr says that total organic is not all that important, but milk, apples, and berries (anything that you eat the skin) should be organic when possible. I don’t stress over it, but I try.
I just peaked out at Jeff and he has busted out all of the car cleaning supplies and is spit shining his truck. I hope he doesn’t get tired before he gets to mine.
I didn’t think I had much to blog today, but this has turned out long. Gotta go finish house cleaning and plan dinner.





3 comments:
I believe I spot a Paci in Jade's mouth in the first picture!! Tee Hee!! It will be fine, every child has to wear braces any way! LOL ac
Love the new color of the blog, yes, I tried earlier today to see if you had updated and it would not come up. Lelin said she will come keep your girls MOnday, and you can hit the road. She loves little ones, as long as it is not her sister!! LOL
Kim
I really like the new layout. It's also easy to read on the blackberry!
Post a Comment