Today we got the following email from school:
Good Morning,
On August 6 th, the Putnam County Board of Education met and made important decisions regarding the start of school and budget cuts.
Because of budget shortfalls, the board decided to reduce the salaries of all employees making over 30,000 dollars by 3.5 percent. This percentage reduction applies to your total salary. In addition, they also decided to tentatively increase the millage rate from 9.85 to 10.35. They will hold public hearing regarding the proposed millage rate increase.
The board also decided to delay the start of school. Preplanning will occur August 31 st. The first day of school for students will be September 8 th, the day after Labor Day. They agreed to modify the calendar year from 180 to 175 days for students. They were able to this by extended the school day by 15 minutes. This should not have an impact on us because our school day already includes the extra time. The contracted year for teachers will be modified from 190 to 185 days. Therefore, the end of year should not change based the delayed start.
The good news is that summer is extended and we all still have jobs. I am thankful that they did not cut the pay of those who make less than $30K. Most of these people are our support staff and new teachers. Most (not all, but thats another story) of these people are the hardest workers. They already live on meager salaries and I would hate to see that cut further. Still it stinks for me- I don’t need a pay cut!!! Hopefully, Jeff’s job will continue to blossom and I won’t notice the cut in pay.
Bryn is staying with us today. The three girls have had fun together.
Funny thing happened on the trip to the bank this morning…the bank gave me 2 suckers (Jenna didnt want one). Bryn and Jade get the suckers.
side note: thankfully Mama- Mac doesn’t read the blog or she would say something like this, “oooohhhhhh, Jan, you diiiidn’t let that baby have a sucker! Whooo! {heavy breathing})
This was Jade’s first sucker and Jenna watched her carefully. When the sucker got loose on the stick Jenna took it away from her. Of course Jade screamed….and cried…We looked over and Bryn was crying, too.
Jenna: Bryn why are you crying?
Bryn: Cause you took dat sucker from Jade and she is crying and it hurwt my feelins
Jenna: but Bryn, even Jade has quit crying
Bryn: Whhhaaaaaa, well I’m still cryin…sniff, sniff
too funny!
Fatweiser Pot Roast- it’s what’s for dinner!
I thawed a roast out for dinner but didn’t have the usual cream of mushroom or onion soup mix to season it with….so…..
I went to Google and looked for a recipe that used ingredients that I had on hand. The base of this gravy was a can of beer. I used Budweiser (known here at Fatweiser) since we had several cans and only my dad and brother drink it. SInce my dad usually brings his own or drinks something else and Todd lives in Oregon and rarely visits- Fatweiser was the clear choice. If Jeff likes the roast I will post the recipe in a later post. If you don’t see the recipe posted soon you will know to NEVER season your pot roast with Fatweiser. As of now the crock pot is smelling like Au Jus, so I’m thinking it’s gonna be a winner.
I finished Caro’s bag. It was horrible!! Maybe it will last her for a little while. Not really sure what went wrong…but it went WAY wrong!





1 comments:
The bag is a long way from horrible. It is beautiful!! love you, c
Post a Comment