CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bye Bye Caro and Victoria

Today was Caro and Victoria’s last full day in GA. They will fly to Montreal tomorrow. :(

I have several things to blog about because my camera battery was charging yesterday and I didnt get to post any pics for a day or 2. ((Bare with me)

I have had lots of comments on the Fatweiser Roast- several peeps say they will try it soon.

Ok, so on to the pics: Isn’t this fabric pretty? Aunt Mary Sue picked it out for me to use in the quilt class I am taking next week. (STOP lAUGHING!) She gave me 3 of the fabrics for my birthday. So nice of her! She picked out EXACTLY what I had on mind for my quilt. Thanks AMS. (Thats short for Aunt MAry Sue)

 DSC_4540

Ok, speaking of AMS, here is a quilt that she made last week. Isn’t is pretty? She is thinking of raffling it off for a fund raiser for school. Save your money so you can buy lots of tickets on this beaut.

DSC_4541 DSC_4543

JEnna tells Caro good bye. We will see them again at Christmas. Oregon may be nice, but its TOO far from GA!

DSC_4546 

Now- I had a nice little corner in the upstairs bonus room that I used for sewing, embroidery, paperwork, scrapbooking, etc…It was ok, served its purpose, but it was UGLY and too crowded. I decided I needed to expand my space. I had a budget of EXACTLY $0.00 and NOT ONE CENT MORE…so….

DSC_4548 

I remembered that I had some old cabinets from my old office that was Jade’s room before Jade. The cabinets were custom made for the old office, so I knew it wouldn’t be a perfect fit, but I thought I could make it work. I worked for about an hour and ended up with this…..

DSC_4557

Please ignore the open drawer…you see (Robyn prepare yourself) my first husband is a builder and decided that he would do the staining/ finishing of the cabinets  himself…which he did for 85% of the cabinets. This last set of drawers is missing the poly coat and the top drawer won’t stay shut. He never finished it. You know the cobblers kids have no shoes….(robyn I bet you can relate to this….ha!) Do any of you have unfinished projects in your house? It seems at my house that always has something, but the longer it sits the less inclined I am to fix it. Tell me yoru stories so I dont feel so bad.

Anyway- I will fix the drawer and hang some pictures and curtains in time. For now I have more space to work, it’s neater, and I did not go over budget even one penny. Not bad!

Todd, I see you have been checking the blog, so here are some Put Put pics for you:

DSC_4558 DSC_4560 DSC_4561 DSC_4563

Not putPut, but cute enough….

DSC_4564

Definitely not Put Put, but when I took out the camera he said, “Blog Me!” so I did. This is Uncle Carlton…married to AMS. This is his blog debut, but I’m sure I will have more stories to tell about him later.

DSC_4566

Hope and Derrick came to visit Caro and Victoria today, too.

DSC_4569 DSC_4570

AMS made Hope a bag. It sure looks better than Caro’s, but check out that monogramming- I did that! Nice ain’t it?!

DSC_4571

AMS was having a snack (or “grazing” as Uncle Carlton called it) and she didn’t want her picture made. I figure if I can put a pic of my bruised legs and butt on my blog then this picture is surely fair game.

DSC_4572

Jeff and Victoria were swinging for a while. I couldn’t decide which picture I liked, so I put them all up:

DSC_4573 DSC_4575 DSC_4576 DSC_4577

Hope and both girls. (Jenna was at her dad’s, so no pics of her)

DSC_4582 DSC_4585

Pop and Nonni helped host a wedding shower tonight. That left Jeff and I at Nonni’s with Caro and the girls alone. Pop made the kind gesture (mistake) of coming home early. Since Victoria was already asleep, we left her with Pop and we snuck away for a dinner. Caro NEVER gets to have a dinner without Victoria. (I repeat- Oregon is TOO FAR from GA)

This was an impromptu event, but delish!

DSC_4586 DSC_4587

Jade had fried rice all over her- look at her hair- gross!

DSC_4588

Yum! Sushi!!!

DSC_4590

Ok, so tomorrow Nonni will take Caro and Victoria to the airport. We have had a FUN 2 weeks with them. They will be back for Christmas and we certainly hope they choose to make this long summer trip an annual event. (Well actually we want them on the east coast so we can visit a lot more!)

Thanks Todd for letting them come!

Caro, Tell your family hello for us. Have a safe trip and we will see you soon.

Sorry for the long post, but this is my blog and I will write as much, as little, as often, and about whatever I want. So there! :)

4 comments:

Aunt Mary Sue said...

Enjoyed spending time with you all today. Hope that Caro and Victoria have a safe and comfortable trip to Canada. Pictures are really cute. Shows that we have alot of love in this family. Oh, and by the way, I do NOT graze.

Hope said...

I love the pics and am sad I only got one afternoon with Caro and Victoria. Have a great trip to Canada and say hi to everyone. I still want to go next summer. Thanks Mom for the great bag! Jan, thanks for a history of our family memories!

nonni said...

Trip to airport was perfect-baby slept, traffic was light, and there was no line at the international terminal...kissed them good bye and got away before the tears started. Last I heard Caro and baby were stuck on the runway for 1.5 hours due to bad weather somewhere. Hope the baby didn't get too cranky in the long delay. Love your blog and wish I had had dinner with you last night:) love you, c

Anonymous said...

Sheesh Jan...you're a Language Arts teacher...and your daughter has to beg you to take her to the library... :)

I've seen the soccer practice sign...I love it...they don't age discriminate...

Green pea allergy?... poor girl...it could have been worse...it could have been brussel sprouts.. :)

Wendy