CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 7, 2009

Reception and Honeymoon

Today at Kelly’s Korner she is hosting a party showing off wedding receptions and honeymoons.

After our beach wedding in Hilton HEad, SC, we had our reception at the resort next door. We had a dinner and dance.

Here are a few pictures:

Here is our guest book/ photo. It now hangs in our back foyer.

Our cake was yummy! The “M” on the top is now in our living room. The cake was actually made by Publix. (yellow with cream cheese icing). While not created by a fancy baker, it was delish and from time to time Jeff and I will get a hankering for our wedding cake, so we just ride over to Publix and buy one of their cakes to relive the day.

Our first dance was “Feet Don’t Touch the Ground” by Brandon Jenkins. He is a guy outta Texas. The song was about a guy who moved from the city to a small town and fell in love. That’s a perfect song for us. Thanks Cody for finding it for us. (Cody- send me your web page for your music business and I’ll reference you here.)

some dancing….

These pics were taken towards the end of the night. Justin had found my hair piece (got to hot for me to wear) and he wore it. Check out the bottom right picture of Anthony….he has a thing with wedding receptions.

Julie caught my bouquet. She is still not married. In fact, unless I’m overlooking someone, noone in this picture is married yet. Notice that NONE of the girls were interested in catching the bouquet. Usually it’s the girls who fight over it, but at my wedding….

it was the guys who fought. Cody, Just how did you go from back row to front so fast? Justin ended up catching it. He is STILL not married. At least 2 of these guys are now married including, Tim, the tall center guy. He married for the first time at age 48! His wedding was last March…almost 1 year after ours.

OUr honeymoon was in Negril, Jamaica at the Couples Negril resort. It was PERFECT! We had a beachfront suite that had a HUGE bathroom.

We stayed at the resort the entire time because there was so much to do. If you put up this red flag they would bring you a drink. Talk about Pampered!

The food was excellent….

Activities were plentiful….water skiing, snorkeling, glass bottom boat, spa (we got couples massage on beach), scuba, catamaran cruise, cliff diving…

I recommend skipping the cliff diving. It never occurred to me NOT to do it, but boy was I sorry when I did. I hit the water funny and was bruised for weeks after that.

Not a flattering picture…but the bruising had to be shown. Consider it a Public Service Announcement. DON”T CLIFF DIVE!Perfect honeymoon. We hope to return one day.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Thanks for sharing..even the PSA. Everything looks so beautiful. The honeymoon trip location was wonderful.

Sonya said...

OUCH!!! Oh my gosh. I am so glad that I didn't cliff dive. We loved going to the Couples Negril. I thought it was a fabulous resort. When did you get married? We got married Augutst 28, 2004.

Thanks for checking out my blog.

Unknown said...

Great photos ~ looks like everyone had a terrific time dancing, eating and enjoying the event.
Your cakes was gorgeous and so were the decorations.
Your honeymoon looks like fun too.