CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Universal Studios, Cirque Du Solieil, and HOME

I am glad to see this sweet face! (and I can’t WAIT to see Jenna’s! She will be home in 32 minutes!!!)

IMG_0515

Yesterday we had a day at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. The students really enjoyed all of the rides. We did not ride the new Rip It Rock It roller coaster. The wait was 75 minutes and when I considered that all of my group would not ride it, I thought it was selfish to ask them to wait that long.

 

We did however ride a lot of cool rides including: Spiderman, Twister, The Hulk, water rides (not me), Simpsons, Terminator, etc.

I did not ride Men in Black. I lost my Blackberry in that ride last year.

In my opinion, this day was too rushed. It really takes from open to close to do all there is to see. I will be remembering that for next trip. We had to leave at 4:15 in order to catch Cirque. We also had to have lunch and dinner before we left the park. We ate lunch at Bubba Gump’s and we INHALED dinner at Hard Rock Cafe.

 

The new Harry Potter section was not open yet, but man does it look good!

IMG_0455 IMG_0457 IMG_0461 IMG_0474

We headed over to Downtown Disney to see Cirque Du Soleil, La Nouba! We had fabulous seats and the show did not disappoint. By this time of the trip we were all so SLEEPY. I think some of the kids planned on catching a nap during the show. We explained to them that their parents paid $85 for that ticket and to not sleep. (I knew they would be amazed.) They did not sleep- They were literally sitting on the edges of their seats.

IMG_0487

I bought the video for our family. I am not one to spend money on souvenirs. We bought the video to Corteo when we saw it in Atlanta and Jenna has watched it OVER and OVER. I thought this would be a good souvenir that would entertain all of us for quite a while.

I got home around 3am and it took me a while to get to sleep. (like 4ish) Jade woke up for the first time around 4:45! Of course, Jeff got up with her, but it still woke me up. We did go to church, but I was so sleepy. I ended up taking a LONG nap this afternoon.

I have since mopped, prepared for the week, completed the laundry, and have NO IDEA what we will eat for dinner.

Jeff had all the laundry done before I got home, the floor was vacuumed (or at least it looked like it), the pool was cleaned, the grass cut, my car was cleaned with oil and tires taken care of, and it appears that Jenna and Jade were cared for as well. Not to shabby there, Dad! Thanks!

I have one week of work and then a trip to Hilton Head for Spring Break. I will be busy this week preparing for Easter and the beach trip. This should be the last year that we have to move a small nursery to take Jade away from home. I don’t want to rush the time, but it is so much easier without all the baby gear.

Now, what to eat for dinner and what to teach these kids tomorrow?! Yikes!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HOPE THE SCHOOL APPRECIATES YOU!!!