So after work today, Jenna and I went to pick up Jade. Nonni was already there and was playing with Jade on the playground. Jade was DIRTY!
Nonni offered to take Jade and Jenna home with her for a little while. So, when I got home, Jeff and I started on the honey do list. Remember the one I posted a couple of weeks ago? Prior to today, all we had done was prepare the list, make mental plans, purchase supplies, and clean the leather furniture. (Make note of the chipped cabinets under Jade’s hand in the next picture. Watch them disappear VERY soon!)
Just as Jeff and I dove into our chores, Pop called and announced that he had finished his newest tractor restoration. It’s a Case and I have no idea of the year or model. He and I have a date for Sunday afternoon to caption the book I am making for his tractor.
The first chore I tackled was the kitchen floor. The sun shines in on the breakfast area and the floor gets faded. We won’t even discuss the scratches and grime that my family creates on the wood. I first scrubbed them with the Pledge Wood Floor Commercial Line cleaner. I got it at Home Depot. I sprayed it on the floor and then mopped it up. It cleaned very nicely and I will most likely buy this again.
I then used Rejuvenate to shine the floor. I have used a product similar to this before that I got from Amway. I loved the way it worked, but decided to try this kind from Home Depot. It was $16 a bottle, but worked so well that it was worth it. The floor shines beautifully now. I think I will use this again, too.
After I did the floors, I began washing, sanding, and even painting the master bathroom cabinets. It went WAY better and easier than I expected. I was about half way through when trouble arrived. (trouble = Jenna and Jade) Jeff had begun working on replacing some trim in the laundry room and master closet. We had doors open and tools everywhere. We had to quickly clean up so that Jade would not get hurt. With the pool we certainly can not leave doors open, or even unlocked, for ANY time.
We have made arrangements to get more done tomorrow. It is SO beautiful outside that it’s hard to stay inside, but we know that we need to get these chores done so that when Spring actually does arrive, we can work outside then.
Tomorrow, Jenna is having a friend over. I will take them to a movie and then to the Closing Ceremonies of Upward basketball. It should be a fun and busy day.





0 comments:
Post a Comment