CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Nonni

Today’s post is rather long and FULL of pictures. I apologize if it’s too long for you. For those of you who find humor in laughing at others, you may want to go to the restroom now. There will be plenty of laughing opportunities ahead.

 

I also do not claim to have these pictures in any order. Many of them are pictures of pictures. I am the current keeper of my grandmother’s pictures, so I was able to pull some really old ones.

 

All of these pictures are REALLY old or REALLY recent. The others on still on the computer upstairs.

 

Facts (unless pictures lie) about Nonni:

Married since 1972

(love those tux lapels!)

 DSC_9813

 

DSC_9814

Loves her family and her family loves her

DSC_9816

Took her kids to neat places- like this trip to Sea World circa 1980

(I think I read that “rompers” are coming back. Please NO!)

DSC_9817

loving daughter

 DSC_9818

Obviously very mature seeing as she was able to maintain her normal composure while posing near Uncle  Joe in these GREAT pants!!! Ha!

 DSC_9819

Possibly underfed by her parents as evidenced below.

 DSC_9820

Was this next picture a hint that she would end up the grandmother of GIRLS only. (love the pink)

 DSC_9821

 

devoted sister

 DSC_9822

A great sister…serving as Matron of Honor just 9 days before being due with me. (19 days before I was actually born)

 DSC_9823

Glamorous

 DSC_9824

Always makes sure that Christmases are awesome. (Whose butt is that behind her? Eileen? AC, that is your butt to the left. )

 DSC_9825

Prom queen…ha

  DSC_9843  DSC_9845  DSC_9847   

 

well educated

 DSC_9852

family woman

 

DSC_9853

glamorous again

 DSC_9854

 

DSC_9855 

well trained by the nuns

 DSC_9857 

Apparently has excellent taste in furniture.

True story- (I can barely type I’m LOL) When we were little the Shakey's pizza had the same fabric as our couch draped across their ceilings! Ha! Who else can say that their couch and the pizza parlor were decorated alike?

 

 DSC_9859

 

 DSC_9861

Mother of the Bride- ok, so it has been 1 too many times

 DSC_9862

stayed up really late waiting for Jenna to be born (a HUGE feat for Nonni who thinks 8pm is “lights out”)

DSC_9863

Awesome Nonni

DSC_9864

Stayed with us at the hospital both times that the girls have had to be hospitalized.

 DSC_9866

Good Nonni to Jenna, Jade, and Victoria

DSC_8447

LOVES her comfy clothes

 DSC_8391

great aunt

 DSC_8231

super babysitter

 DSC_9263

We love you very much!

DSC_8786

 

and these next pics have NOTHING to do with Nonni’s bday, but they were so good that I could not pass them up. Enjoy!

AC and her prom date- David Hallman. Jeff and I met at his house. (Many years later)

DSC_9844

No words to describe this hairdo of AC’s! (She was going for the “Rod Stewart” look before Rod Stewart himself was going for it.) {I will blog about the “Rod Stewart” look one day. It’s a family classic!}

DSC_9846

Speechless! (I mean I tried to say, “Yikes!”, “Wow”, “Ouch” and the words just won’t come. )

Dr. Spock and Rod Stewart apparently are kin to us! HA!

DSC_9848

 

It appears that the house needed to be added on to and someone had the bright idea to just make the camper a permanent part of the house……(Folks, I could NOT make this up!) They did not even remove the propane tanks! LOL!

 

and if you get hungry- just grab a fish

DSC_9849DSC_9850DSC_9851

Check out Uncle Joe looking fly

DSC_9856

Gonga and AC. The back of the picture says, “Carol 7 weeks old, isn’t she FAT!)

DSC_9858

How funny!

Happy birthday Nonni! We love you very much!!!

I realize that there are MANY years and special occasions missing. I have the pics, but I ran out of time and the post was TOO long. Hope you enjoyed this version of “This is (part of) your life: Cheryle Edition”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! I needed the laughs this morning! Good post Jan!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Good Lord Jan, Where did you dig up these pix from? Mama's grave? These are hilarious and WOW are some of us getting old!! love you, too, c

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed the pictures,LOL, many times. Must get ready for bridge today when I get home I will view them again!! Love AC

Anonymous said...

I want you to do one for me too!! So start looking for pictures! That was so enjoyable. Joe got a good laugh out of them also. lol ac