CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Morning

Last night there was a BEAUTIFUL rainbow. In fact, it was a double rainbow. You can barely see the 2nd bow on top of the first. It seems that rainbows always frame the Mac’s house. I have posted “end to end” rainbow pics over their house before. Does Science cause rainbows to always be in a certain place? I bet it’s because the Mac’s house is east of me and the west sun is directly behind my house. I like to just think that God sends me a perfect view of the rainbows. Yep, that’s my story! Thanks, God! Who needs expensive artwork when this is the view out the front door.

DSC_9879 - Copy DSC_9880 - Copy

After Jade’s bath, Jeff styled her hair. She came and showed me and I told her to tell Daddy to take her picture. When I made it to the kitchen, Jeff was following Jade all over the kitchen as she was diligently pointing to the camera. He said, “She is trying to tell me something, but I don’t know what it is.” Ha! She was following directions. I picked up the camera and she gave these beautiful smiles.

DSC_9881 DSC_9882

Jade seems to think that anytime in the 5am hour is fair game for wake up! Grrr! Maybe rolling the clocks forward will help stretch this until at least 6.

Jeff has been cleaning out the filters from the vacuums this morning. every so often you need to wash the filters and today was the day. Jade found the screwdriver and she was so PROUD to help. Look at her diligence in the 2nd picture.

 DSC_9884 DSC_9885

We have little plans today. I need to clean bathrooms and Jeff is going to work on the new pool pumps.

The honey do list is coming along nicely. The garage floor, steps, and door are painted and they look good! The leather has been cleaned, the cabinets have all been cleaned for painting. (Still need to clean the ones that won’t get painted.) 3/4 of the cabinets in the bath have been painted and the knobs have been painted and will be installed today. We had Justin come and measure for new drawers in the master bath. He has a connection where we can get them cheap. We will have to buy the hardware and finish/install them. When you have a budget of 0, this is how you manage to get things done, and we are thankful.

I told you  that Jeff would get the list done when it became HIS idea. Well, I have let him THINK that all of it was his idea and he has claimed it all. Ha! Doesn’t bother me one bit. In fact, last night he did a bonus chore that I had no even asked for. You see, our linen closet in the bath is where we keep our toiletries, etc. I keep my hairdryer plugged in and Jeff keeps the toothbrush charger plugged. There was only one receptacle in the bath and that meant that there was always a cord hanging from the plug to the closet. Dear Jeff installed a plug IN the closet so now the cords are well hidden. How nice! Why didn’t I think of that?! When I build the house, I did install a plug in the pantry for can openers, etc. Good idea Jeff! Thanks!!!

I am cooking for Nonni’s birthday tomorrow night. She opted to skip the family dinner, but I didn’t like that idea, so I am cooking tomorrow. I don’t know what I will cook, but I am thinking a big beef roast, mashed potatoes, and carrots. Any ideas?

I might do enchiladas, instead. Hmm, let me go make plans, now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one smart little girl. I will keep her today/tomorrow if you need me. She definitely likes to stay busy, just like her dad and mom. Dinner is sounding delicious, either works for me:) love you, c

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of Jade!! Where is Jenna?
Kim