CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Proud Moment

Today was a BIG competition for my students. We have been working on National History Day projects since January and today was the regional competition. (NHD) Me and another teacher have pushed our students so hard to get to this day. Some students have had their feelings hurt on days when we told them that their projects looked like junk (tough love) and they have grown SO much.

I enjoyed watching them set up their projects this morning and seeing how proud they were that their projects looked so good compared to the competition. I had told them that this would happen.

Our school is known for dominating this competition every year and this year was no disappointment.

We brought home 3 first places, 2 second places, 1 third place.

We overheard another group chanting “Putnam Paid em Off”. Ha!

If the haters only knew how hard we worked for those places!!

It’s off to state competition!

I have been entering students in this competition for 4 years and we have ALWAYS gone to state.

This is one of those days when I especially love my job!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Jan!!!! lol ac

Anonymous said...

That is great that you all won so many awards. I remember when Hunter placed 1st in 8th grade, I was sad Lelin did not get to participate in it. Congratulations!kim