For the second time in as many months, I was reminded how grateful I am for my vision. I fuss about having night blindness, but I remain grateful for my vision.
You may remember that we took Jenna to Dialogue in the Dark for her birthday. I was completely humbled by the experience and frankly, scared to death through the entire exhibit. Again, I recommend this exhibit to everyone!
Today I was asked to attend an IEP meeting at the Georgia Academy for the Blind in Macon. Our county has a 7th grader who attends this school and a “regular ed” representative from the home school has to attend. Can you believe they associated me with being “regular”?! Anyway, I agreed to go and I am glad that I did.
We got to the academy just as students were being dismissed. About 70% of the students live on campus during the week and the rest are bussed back to their home counties. It was amazing to see so many students with all different levels of visual impairments get around with such ease. The entire experience just made me thankful and amazed.
I wanted a tour of the place, but I didn’t want to keep the teacher after hours for too long. After all, I THINK I was assigned to tour the academy when I was in college and I didn’t. I don’t remember if I lied (NOT ME, NO NEVER!) or if I was given a choice of what to tour and I chose something else. I wish I had gone here. Remember, I was a special ed major and we had to be prepared to teach any number of types of students.
Forgive these pictures, but Jeff decided that tonight after my bath would be a good time to take my picture. Since I rarely am in front of the camera (due to always being behind it), I didn’t stop him. We taught Jade to say, “na na na na boo boo.” We will probably regret this soon.
Jenna was getting her breathing treatment during the pics and didn’t get in any pics. I will take a lot of her this weekend as she is having a friend over and we should get into lots of fun.





1 comments:
Jan, I commented on your post about Bible study, but for some reason it didn't show up. I think you did a great job. No matter how long we've been married, it's still good to hear God's Word on the subject.
I think you will have many more opportunities to share all the insight you have grained. Certainly I don't feel that God sends the pain and problems in our lives -- just living does that -- but I do believe that the lessons we learn in those times can always benefit someone else. Thanks for sharing with us.
BJ
Post a Comment