CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine’s Day Surprise

EVERY SINGLE YEAR I struggle with what to do for Jeff for Valentine’s Day. He is hard to buy for because he either just gets what we wants on his own or he wants very expensive things that we have to budget for (or not get at all).

 

Last year I found out that Jeff’s favorite restaurant from Hilton Head had opened a satellite co in Macon. (1 hr away) Jeff grew up eating at Wild Wing Cafe and he always goes there when we visit Hilton Head. The company has expanded and now there are many around the SE. Jeff did not know that WWC was in Macon, so after Jenna’s basketball game, I told him to drive until I told him to stop. He was VERY happy when we arrived. (Not so happy when the bill arrived and he had to pay- ha!)

 

I really felt like it was a lame gift even though we had a great time and spent the afternoon shopping in the nearby shops.

 

This year I started planning early so that I could do something really special. I plotted for a stash of money (not much, but a little). I had 2 ideas: 1) Take a trip to Fogo De Chou in Atlanta. This is a Brazilian restaurant that is meat, meat, meat. They have a heck of a salad bar, too. It’s 1 price and you just eat til you want to explode. It’s $50 a plate unless you get just the salad bar. We NEVER go there because it’s pricey and I don’t eat meat. So, for me to take Jeff there is truly a gift. 2) A trip to Dave and Busters- Jeff has been talking about gathering some friends and spending an afternoon playing at the Midway. He has never been to D and B, and I have not been since I was in college when I went to mama, AC, Anthony, and Todd.

 

So, I set out to plan the trip to Dave and Busters about a week ago. I contacted a couple of Jeff’s friends (Seth and Shawn) and NEITHER of them we available to come down. Grr! It wouldn’t be the same without them, so I went back to my original plan for Fogo de Chou.

 

I went online to make reservations and found that none were available for tomorrow night. Grrr

 

So, I was left with NO good plans AGAIN!

 

Then yesterday (read THURSDAY- LAST MINUTE) I had the greatest idea, but I just knew that it would not work out. I decided to get basketball tickets to a UGA game (I actually looked at the Hawks, arena football and hockey, too). Jeff really roots for the Gamecocks, but I knew that a game would be fun no matter. I was hoping we could get tickets for sometime this weekend or at least for next weekend. When I checked the schedule you will not believe what I found:

 

are you ready for this?

 

UGA is playing South Carolina tomorrow (13th) at 4pm in Athens!! WOOOHOOOO!

 

I called the University to see about tickets and (wait for it) they were only $15 each. They had plenty of available seats and said we would be fine to walk up and buy tickets at the arena. (Which is a plus due to questionable weather.)

 

Jeff still does not know. He will be so excited. I told him to wear a collared shirt and jeans. (this guarantees that he will wear a Gamecock shirt). If by chance he does not, I will stash one away in the car.

 

Wanna know what else? Athens has a Wild Wing Cafe, too!!

 

I’m linking up with Kelly’s Korner today. She is featuring lots of ideas for Valentines.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your VD plans worked out for Jeff...hope ya'll enjoyed the game and the wings...

Forgive the abbreviation for Valentine's Day...but it's kinda funny, so I'm leaving it.. :)
Wendy