CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Farewell Kauffman Family

2nd post of the day

Last night our Bible Study said good-bye to our Bible teacher. He and his family are moving back to Oregon. He is a pastor and has raised his family in Oregon. He moved here between 3 and 4 years ago I believe and feels called to go back home.

He is such a wonderful teacher. I shared last night that I have missed literally 0 Bible Studies unless I was out of town. He is THAT good!

We had a covered dish at the church. We normally have our meals at Dave’s, but seeing as they are packing, we felt like we would be a bit intrusive. (or maybe we were scared he would put us all to helping pack!)

DSC_9549

We let Dave and Judy lead the line to eat. (as Southern folks tend to do)

DSC_9550 DSC_9551 DSC_9537 DSC_9538 DSC_9539 DSC_9540

We are all such a close group. Whenever we get together there is always lots of fun.

DSC_9542 DSC_9543 DSC_9547 DSC_9548

 DSC_9552

After we ate, we hung around the tables and did a “roast” of Dave. Dave is such an awesome person that it was far more of a “toast” than a “roast”.

Somehow I was nominated to go first and I was not even aware we were doing this part. It was not hard to find nice things to say and I could never have found the right words to say it all, so it turned out fine that I went first.

DSC_9556

We exchanged addresses and emails… and saw a picture of the beautiful new home they will be living in.

DSC_9557

We did some hugging.

DSC_9558

and Rollie always has something interesting to say. (I heard the story of how Dave and Rollie met for the first time. So neat!)

DSC_9559

Dave’s daughter, Makayla, is THRILLED to be moving home.

DSC_9560

Susan had something prepared to say and she did a nice job.

 DSC_9561

We did a little praying.

DSC_9563

and some posing…

Rollie and Dave

DSC_9564

Maize, Dave, Ray

DSC_9566

George, Dave, BJ

DSC_9569

Charles, Dave, Diane

DSC_9570

The “Prayer Group”

Syble, Lynsoll, Elaine, Dave

DSC_9571

Dave and me

DSC_9573

Dave and Doris

DSC_9578

 

The whole gang!!! Dave, We will dearly miss you and your family. We wish you all the best and will continue to pray for you. You have been such a blessing to us and we know that God will continue His work in you.

DSC_9577

Please Pray- Syble fell and broke her arm leaving the church last night.

2 comments:

♥ sarah said...

so hard to lose a good bible teacher! looks like you all have a wonderful group of people left though! what a special night! xoxo

Anonymous said...

where oh where is Thurs. blog???? Boo Hiss!!!!!!!!!!!!