I find it funny that if it turns 60 degrees in September, we break out a sweatshirt and the hot chocolate. (and start to wear socks again) If it turns 60 in late February, we break out the short sleeves, shorts, and flip flops. All for the same temperature.
Today we started the day really early. (like school day early) You would expect that maybe Jade woke us all up. Nope, Jeff was the one who got us up so early. Grr. I had to go to school from 9-11 for the job fair. We spoke to about 25- 30 possible teacher candidates even though we have no positions open at this time. We will probably have some eventually, but just not yet. There were well over 100 possible teachers who attended the fair. My heart went out to so many who were seeking employment in the field of teaching. They all (well most) looked like they would be excellent teachers who had true hearts for the career, yet they are facing a TOUGH job market. I am SO thankful for my job!
Next on the agenda was basketball. Today was the next to the last game. Woo Hoo! (Just in time for spring soccer!) The kids played well. They still haven’t won a game, but today they went into double digits for the first time. They scored 12 points. BIG celebration!
After that, Jade took a nap and Jenna and I went to get my manicure and pedicure that I had a gift cert for. It was NICE. I found an old g/c left from last year that had $10 left on it. I let Jenna get her fingers and toes painted. I told her she could choose her color. She chose black, and I vetoed! She ended up with neon orange.
We quickly picked up Bryn’s birthday present and then headed out to pick up Jenna’s friend Jordan. She has been wanting Jordan to come play for a while and we were glad we finally made it happen.
The girls played outside for a while and then came in to play in Jenna’s room. We had spaghetti for dinner. (Great idea to NOT give Jade any sauce!)
We will take Jordan home now and have a quiet evening.
You may be happy to know that when I read the “to do” list to Jeff he got very stressed and overwhelmed. After a few minutes alone he came out and started making his own list. (told you it had to be his idea) He has plans to go to Home Depot tomorrow. Ha! He is thinking of July 4th as a timeline and I’m thinking mid March or early April. We may need to have a meeting of the minds. I am THANKFUL for his job and that he is a daddy who would rather spend time with his kids and me than on chores, but at some point, we have to maintain our abode. The time has come..we must maintain…like now!
Hope you enjoyed this crazy beautiful day! It has been uber nice in GA!





0 comments:
Post a Comment