CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Todd!

Today is Todd’s 33rd birthday.  I went looking for a picture of him and this was the first one I found. It’s when he won the rice krispy treat eating race.

DSC_8289

I texted Lil bro this morning to wish him a happy day. He informed me that he gave himself a Dutch oven. He would not tell me if it was a Rachel Ray one like the one I tried to win last week.

 

This afternoon was one of the BUSY days….Jeff picked me up from school (we have one vehicle, remember), we went to get Jenna from Reading Club, went to grocery store to get treats for the girls’ Valentine’s parties, took me to get my hair did, picked up Jade from Nonni, got gas,  brought Jenna home to get her stuff and go to Justin’s, back to town to pick me up from beauty parlor, dinner, and FINALLY home.

 

I’m taking bets on some big news: What will it be? Snow or Faux???

 

The news says we should be blanketed with snow this time tomorrow, but you might remember the last time that school was cancelled for snow…we got NOTHING! This time we are scheduled to go to school and will probably come home if even one flurry falls. (cuz that’s what we do in the South!) I have given Jeff strict orders that If I call him with school closing he needs to high tail it to me so we can get Jade because the day care’s policy is that once they announce closing, you have 1 hour to pick up your child or they take them to the police dept. Ha!

 

Of course snow would be fun, but I have fun plans for tomorrow night and Saturday. As you know, EVERYTHING comes to a HALT with the first flurry, so my fun would get cancelled. A friend from work has planned a school wide (employees only) party at her house. It’s like our annual  Christmas party, but free and in February. I have been looking forward to this for a while.

 

Then on Saturday, I have the BEST Valentine’s gift for Jeff that I have ever given him. Every year he always gives me something nice and thoughtful and every year I struggle with what to give him. I am ALWAYS last minute racking my brain because I never have good ideas for this occasion. This year I had 2 good ideas, but both fell through earlier this week. I had already told Jeff to hold Saturday afternoon open and thankfully didn’t tell him otherwise when things fell through. BECAUSE today I had the idea of ideas. It hit me like a ton of bricks…I went researching thinking that there was NO WAY it would work out…but not only did it work out…it’s PERFECT…and cheap…and JEFF WILL LOVE IT. (but if it snows it all goes downhill) Are you wanting to know what I’m doing for him?! I will tell you on Saturday. (or Sunday maybe)

 

I could easily post it today because he doesn’t read the blog and I know you won’t tell him, but I want to hold you suspenseful for a bit longer.

 

Happy Birthday, Todd. Enjoy your Dutch Oven!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I might be getting older, but, unless the mirror lies, I still look good, most say great.
My gift will take some getting used to, those of you that have ever had a dutch oven know it can be difficult at first.

Aunt Mary Sue said...

Love the picture of Todd. Makes me feel old. I remember when both of you were born. Was looking forward to field trip tomorrow, but it has been canceled. Wonder if I could just not cancel my sub and stay at home. Hmmmmm. Do you remember getting all of my cookie sheets out when it snowed and the three of us (you, me, and Todd) "sledding" down the hill at the old barn?

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Todd!! You know he did not buy himself a dutch oven, he said that because he knows you want one. If he was a good brother, he would buy you one and mail it to you!! tee hee!! Can't wait to find out what you got Jeff, the suspense is killing me. happy valentine and snow day....ac

Anonymous said...

I think Todd has a different definition of "dutch oven" than the rest of us---hmmmmm