CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Super Saturday

Today started on a rather sour note…but turned out to be super.
You see, it all started this morning at 1am when one of Jeff’s co workers started texting him from the bar. Grr! We were both sound asleep (duh!) and I was totally awakened from my Nyquil induced slumber. Jeff did get up and texted the guy back to inform him just how much trouble he was in for “waking up his beautiful wife”.
I am SOOO much better, but I have a lingering cough and I sound horrible. (although I sound 100% better than I did a few days ago!) I feel ok, but my strength is not fully back. Thankfully the weekend is not too busy and I have been able to rest a good bit.
Jenna had another basketball game today. Jenna scored half the points for her team (ok, so only 4 points were scored, but still) She SWOOSHED the ball, too. It was not one of those ugly haphazardly thrown, roll around the rim shots (although we take whatever we can get!). This was a NICE, thrown from the outside, all net kinda shot. She was proud. She got offensive player of the game. (and rightfully so!) We lost 4-10, but this is WAY better than most weeks. Keeping the other team to 10 is a feat in itself. (Their players were NOT happy!)
After lunch, we filled out some Valentines and took a nap. I don’t think Jenna slept, but the rest of us did. So nice!
Then we all walked over to the Macs and had a nice visit with them and Aunt Bonnie. We then walked up to the old barn to see Pop. Pop restores old tractors and he is in the painting stages of an old Allis Chalmers. I try to document all of his tractors and put them  in a Shutterfly book for him and Daddy Mac. I have had the pictures ready for almost a year to do another book, but getting Pop to sit still to help me with captions is near impossible.
 DSC_9453
Restoring tractors is his “winter” hobby. Baling hay is his “summer” hobby. Needless to say, he likes tractors. (and the man has only granddaughters!)
 DSC_9452 DSC_9451
He does a nice job. You wouldn’t believe how rusty and junky these things start out. DSC_9450 DSC_9449 DSC_9448 DSC_9447 DSC_9446
Jenna and Jeff practiced front handsprings. Jenna spends more time upside down than straight up these days.
 DSC_9445 DSC_9444 DSC_9436 DSC_9438 DSC_9439 DSC_9434
Jeff decided to give it a try…I apologize for the dark pics. The sun was shining in the back doors and I didn’t have time to move.
DSC_9424

DSC_9425

The ending wasn’t beautiful, but he did a good job anyway.
DSC_9430 DSC_9429 
Then, perhaps the best news of the day, my friend BJ made us dinner. What a blessing this was! She called and said she had made a big pot of veggie soup and wanted to bring us dinner. I was just starting to plan our dinner and although Jeff was going to grill, I still had to make the sides. She brought the soup, potato soup for me, corn muffins, shredded cheese, homemade croutons, homemade pimento cheese, crackers, and a yummy dessert.
Want some more good news? There is enough leftover for another meal! Yippee! Can you say school night dinner!

My generation does not do enough of these type kind gestures. I think I will make it my goal to randomly fix dinner for people who might need just a little break. It honestly never crosses my mind to do anything like this. (Who raised me?)
This is not the first time BJ cooked for me. She and Linda Sidwell made me a dinner when Jenna was born. I did not have to cook for 3 entire weeks after Jenna was born, someone cooked for us every night. It was wonderful.
Bj had foot surgery a few months back and George was sick just a few weeks ago….Do you think I cooked for them? Why no! (Again, who raised me?!)
I am inspired and I’m gonna do better.
The meal tonight was such a nice surprise. It’s 6:30 and we are all fed and the kitchen is clean. It’s so nice to have full bellies and time together as a family without the hustle and bustle that so many nights bring.
I'm gonna get off the computer now and go enjoy my family. Thanks so much BJ and George!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have got great thoughtful friends. I am sure you do your share for others, you just aren't thinking about them at the moment. I heard all about Jenna's basketball game! Way to go Jenna!! You need to make Jeff go outside when he is doing his flips. It could mean a foot through the tv or door... OUCH! Love the sweet pictures of Jade, Jenna and Jeff...LOL ac