CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Celebrating Black History Month

Note: I published this last night, but somehow it didn’t show up on my blog. My apologies for any withdrawals that my faithful readers may have suffered.

 

What a week it has been in the Mullis home. I don’t think I blogged that Jenna was sick with a stomach virus Sunday night. Jeff started with it Monday night and was so sick that he threw his back out. (I know, right?!) He actually missed work Tuesday and Wednesday. The ONLY time I can think of that he missed 2 days of work was when he had knee surgery. He even went in for an hour or so when Jade was born. The boy was DOWN!

 

I was sure hoping that I would avoid the virus, but no such luck. Last night around 6 I felt it brewing. By 7 I was fairly sure that I was doomed so I grabbed the Clorox and cleaned the toilet. (I figured if I was gonna have to snuggle with it, I wanted it clean.)

 

Turned out that the Cloroxing was a smart move. I was sick through the night. By this morning I had a hard time deciding if I should go to work. I felt terrible, but I wasn’t sure if it was caused by being up all night or that I was still sick. Since we still only have one vehicle, I knew if I went to work, I would be stuck there all day. I was scared, so I called for a sub. That was a good call. I was fairly miserable until lunch. My student teacher was teaching today anyway, so that was a relief. Of course, I had kids bringing in money for a major field trip and 93 boxes of donuts being delivered from a  fund raiser. My co-teachers handled that for me. I was supposed to go down and teach a 6th grade class today (the teacher asked me to come demonstrate the writing model that I use) and had to reschedule that. Basically, there is never a good day to miss work.

 

Thank God for my neighbor/cousin in law, Stephanie. She has helped me 3 days in a row. She drove Jenna to school Tues and Wed when Jeff was sick and then today to filled out my transportation form so that Jenna could ride the bus to Nonni’s. (Jenna’s school is VERY peculiar about transportation!)  I am SO thankful for Stephanie. She works the front desk at Jenna’s school and she has been a HUGE help to me this year.

 

Tonight was the Black History Month celebration at Jenna’s school. The Kindergarteners sang a couple of songs and the gifted students recited some parts on black inventors. Jenna had Garrett Morgan- inventor of the traffic light. Ryleigh is also in gifted and she had George Grant- inventor of the golf tee.

 

They did an excellent job, but Jenna has decided that she does not like speaking in front of crowds.

 

 

 

After the program we went to eat in town. (I had spaghetti ready at home- grr) We ran into the Morris family. This is the 2nd time in a row that we have encountered them entering the same restaurant at the same time. (and the time before that that we ate in town, we scheduled to eat with them.) That makes 3 times in a row that we have eaten with the Morris family.

 DSC_9584 DSC_9585 DSC_9579 DSC_9583

We sat with Julie at the BHP so I got to spend the evening with two of my best friends. What a treat.

 

I spent a lot of the day reading my Beth Moore book and sleeping. Glad to be feeling better and praying that this virus is gone from our house!!

 

Hope all is well with you all!

1 comments:

THobbs said...

Hey Jan! Thanks for commenting on our blog! I'm so glad to have linked up with you via blogworld! :) I will add you to our list. We are very excited about adding our new addition...and a little nervous as you can imagine! Brad is an amazing man and I am blessed to be his wife. We love Anthony to death and wish we could see him more often. I think we'll be back in GA for a wedding and will hopefully see him then. Thanks for keeping up with us...more fun to come very soon!! Take care and God bless! I will tell Brad we found you :)