CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

What’s Happening?

Just another ordinary day. School/ work/ soccer, etc.

Good news: Jeff got his cast off today. I have noticed that he is still using his left hand quite a bit. I know it feels better to have that stinkin thing gone!

Jenna is doing better and better at soccer. She has been playing “defender” (goalie without hands) for the last 2 games and she is really getting her groove in this position.

I gotta tell you about last night’s dinner. You may be bored of reading about my dinners, but hey, it’s my blog. (and this one is worth reading about) We have a freezer full of deer meat. Jeff, Jenna, and Jade love it so it’s a great thing for us. Jeff had a LOT of deer cubed last year thinking that he was getting stew meat. Any good southern boy would know what “cubed steak” is, but apparently SOUTH Carolina beach bums are not truly southerners. (similar to South Floridians) The only recipe I know for cubed meat is to batter and fry it which poses a few problems: 1) how many times can you eat that before it’s boring, 2) it’s unhealthy, and 3) the only real reason that matters: handling raw meat that much makes me gag! So, necessity being the mother of invention and the Internet being the inventor that it is, I googled a recipe for cubed steak. After reading at least 50 versions of the same “batter and fry” method that I already knew, I found this one. I laughed when I read it, but was fearless enough to try it.

Lay cubed steak is microwavable dish (I used Pampered Chef stoneware)

cover with onion soup mix (dry)

pour 1 1/2 cup water over top

microwave for 10 minutes

THAT’S IT! I added a few mushrooms, but my family said they didn’t add much. I thought the meat would be tough but Jeff said that it’s no tougher than the fried kind. Jenna and Jeff both went back for seconds. Jade threw it in the floor like she does EVERY meal.

You can BET this recipe is a KEEPER.

Maybe there will be pictures tomorrow.

Happy Sweet Sixteen, Curry!!!!!

0 comments: