Updated: Hooking up with DIY day at ASPTL.
Many of you have been wondering about my 2nd quilt. You know the one that I went shopping with BJ to find just the perfect fabric, then took the class at The Stitching Barn, then refused to post pictures and reveal the name????
Well, the wait is over. I really like how the quilt turned out except for the binding. I stink at binding. On my next quilt I will go to The Stitching Barn and sit with someone who knows what they are doing while I work. The stitches are too tight or I would remove the binding and start over. Oh well, it’s made with love and that’s what counts.
Here she is….
I really love all of the colors. The red is actually a bit deeper than it shows on the screen.
The binding doesn’t look so bad in this shot, but trust me….it’s bad! This is a case where my motto of “done is better than perfect” does NOT apply.
The center square is quilted with an echo quilting around the flowers and stems. I had to use a whole yard of fabric and then “fussy cut” this one square.
Now, what is her name you ask……
without further ado……
I introduce…..
in hopes that she doesn’t read the blog before I get to her house to give her the quilt.
Yep, Nonni is the recipient of this quilt with the botched up binding. Sorry, Nonni- I tried!
Nonni, The rule is…You MUST use the quilt as a regular blanket/ throw. It is not for decoration or safe keeping. (it’s not that great of a quilt for one) I opted for a flannel backing in lieu of a prettier fabric so that it would be warmer and more comfy.
Enjoy! I Love You!
The next quilt will be Jenna’s. She has chosen black, lime green, and turquoise. AMS has the pattern and I am ready for her to teach me. I will provide the sewing room- the rest of my sewing buddies (you know who you are) need to get ready to join us….and soon because I would like to make Jenna and Jade one for Christmas. (stop laughing- it MIGHT get done)





8 comments:
I more than love it and you know I will be under every evening from now until probably March!! The backing may not look great to you but it feels wonderful to me and what a gift from the heart filled with love. The colors are perfect. I love you and my new throw. Thank you, Nonni
Next time you come over you can take a pix of me under it and put it on the blog:)
It's beautiful! And what a gift of love! You'll get the bindings down in no time, trust me. I think they're difficult for everyone at first. :o)
See, Nonni loved it and it looks wonderful from out here in blogland! Here is an awesome binding tutorial
http://sometimescrafter.blogspot.com/2008/11/new-way-to-bind.html
that has rocked my world!
Hope it helps and great Friday Finish!
great job! I love the panache!!!
beautiful quilt! i love all the colors.
Binding is fun when you just take a deep breath and relax. I used to not like binding, but now it's my fave part of doing a quilt.
Gorgeous quilt!!! Love the reds. You did a great job.
Love the quilts. I am so glad that you shared it on Sew & Tell Friday!
Blessings,
KT
It looks great and will be well-loved, perfect or not!
Thanks for linking up!
Post a Comment