CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Quilting and Cheering

Saturday began with an early morning quilting lesson from AMS. This quilt is the “Tossed Nine Patch” design and is being made for Jenna. Little Jenna picked her colors and I am doing all of the work. These pictures will be the last that she sees of this quilt until it’s completed.

 

 DSC_5468

She is not in love with the pink flower fabric, but fear not, Little Jenna, it will magically disappear in this quilt. I love how my pin cushion matches the fabric.

DSC_5470 

I have a thing against the red tomato pin cushion. I HATE them!

 

DSC_5471 

Here is a pic of my sewing machine. This is one of 3 machines that I own. I have a singer that is fine, but it started acting up while I was making curtains for Jade’s room and Jeff ran out to the store and came back with this machine as a surprise. It is a PERFECT machine. It sews like a champ and has all of the bells and whistles. It was a nice price, too. I have had it for almost 2 years. (The 3rd machine is my embroidery machine)

DSC_5473 

Here is a sneak peak at how the squares come together. Jenna wanted the black to stand out. I think it will.

After a quick lunch, AMS and I picked up Jenna and Bryn and headed to the BRAND new high school in our town. (YOu may recall that I now teach in the OLD high school.) The gym was opened for the first time ever (thanks fire marshal) to host the “Cheer Spectacular” hosted by the PCHS cheerleaders.

Our cheerleaders function as both sideline and competition cheerleading. They spend countless hours each week practicing and traveling to Macon to the gym for tumbling/ stunt lessons. It costs the parents a chunk of money, too!

They have previously competed (and won) in many other competitions, but this is the first chance they have had to host. They did a fabulous job. I was impressed with the entire event!

An artist painted a couple of murals in the gym. Looks nice!

DSC_5474 DSC_5483

I am not convinced that the bleachers are large enough to hold the basketball crowds, but what do I know.

Here are the PCMS cheerleaders chilling after their performance. I teach a LOT of these girls.

DSC_5497

After the middle school competitions a “jump off was held.” Our only male cheerleader entered and represented up quite well.

DSC_5505 DSC_5507 DSC_5512

Here is another PCMS cheerleader competing. Wonder if I can still do this?

 

DSC_5516 

Middle schoolers wait for the awards.

DSC_5518 DSC_5520 DSC_5523

The JV squad roots for their Varsity.

DSC_5525

The Varsity squad finally performed. I was unable to stay for the awards, but I would like to see ANY team that could beat these girls. They were AWESOME! I can not wait to see if they won.

 DSC_5526

Abby watched in awe as her sister is thrown about like a rag doll. (see next pic)

DSC_5528

I was so proud of these girls. I have taught most of them and it is so good to see them all doing so well. Erin said she was nervous during the performance. Can’t tell from this picture!

DSC_5536 DSC_5538 DSC_5540 DSC_5543

I LOVE to see my students excelling in and out of the classroom.

Way to go PCMS and PCHS cheerleaders. Your hard work paid off. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_5546

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to the competition, hope Jenna enjoyed it. The Varsity took 1st place, and JV took 2nd!! They were all awesome. Region is in 2 weeks, maybe you can come back to PCHS to see them!
I am cooking a roast in the crock pot with your recipe, and the girls and I are making cake balls a little later this afternoon!
I enjoy reading your blog.
Kim