CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

It’s a Great Day to be a Georgia Redneck

but not such a great day to be a Georgia Bulldog!

 DSC_5112

We spent the afternoon at the deer camp/shooting range to watch the Georgia game. (that will be the END of that discussion)

DSC_5113

If you stayed inside today then you missed out on possibly the most beautiful day of the year. It was the perfect temperature without a cloud in the sky.

 DSC_5114

Jeff and Craig shot a couple rounds of trap. Here they are shooting the wobble trap. I played “Vanna” and was the “pull” girl.

DSC_5116 DSC_5117 DSC_5119

See the cord in my hand? That’s how you make the pigeons (clay- no need to call PETA) fly. The guys yell, “PULL”, and I mash the button. (Yes, I said MASH cause that’s what we do in Georgia.)

DSC_5124 DSC_5139 DSC_5149 DSC_5152 DSC_5153

Jenna and Ryleigh wanted to shoot their BB guns so we let them gather up any unbusted pigeons to use as targets.

DSC_5155 DSC_5156 DSC_5157 DSC_5159

All good redneck girls know how to shoot a gun and how to SAFELY handle it.

DSC_5160 DSC_5162 DSC_5163 DSC_5166 DSC_5168

See even I can bust a few pigeons.

DSC_5170 DSC_5179 DSC_5180

and what do you do with leftover pigeons? Make castles, of course.

DSC_5182

This is a friend from high school who happened to show up tonight. I haven't seen him in a few years. I am not sure what his connection to the camp is, but it was good to see him. Check out Brian’s hair line, Todd. Looks like yours, kinda.

DSC_5183

BTW- This is my 100th post. I started this blog unsure of how well it would do. I have been read by 6 continents and have over 6000 hits. (Ignore Jeff when he says that half of those hits are from me! Ha!) Thanks to my readers and especially my commenters.

0 comments: