CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Luuurving Linus Today

Today is rather chilly here in Georgia. I mean the high was 60! (Did I ever tell you that anything below 70 makes my bones ache?) I am currently curled up under Linus and enjoying the wealth that she is providing.

Speaking of quilts, my second one is quilted. I just have to put on the binding, but as of last night that was causing me some problems. Apparently cutting on the “bias” requires a special knack that I am lacking. majorly. IT will make its debut here soon. Maybe this week.

It has also been rainy today which means that soccer practice was CANCELLED! Hall.le.lu.er! Jenna went home with Nonni and should be home within the hour.

We had “International Dinner” tonight. This was not planned but it was yummy. I sautéed some chicken yesterday that I planned to use in stir fry tonight. I had not planned a sauce, but determined one was needed. I read the back of the veggie bag and it had a handy recipe with about 12 ingredients….like ginger, sesame seeds, soy sauce, rice vinegar, etc…for whatever reason I was able to locate all of the called ingredients in my kitchen. This obviously turned the stir fry into Chinese food! I already had prepared the Cuban Rice and English Peas. All of the dishes were great- just not sure how great they were together. BUT- it was hot, it was edible, and it was prepared FOR the family (as in they didn’t have to cook their own dinner)…i dare them to complain. Grr. Actually, Jeff complimented it. (I wonder if he was doing what my Daddy says: You see Daddy says if you like something that my mom cooks you better “gag” your way through eating it. IF you act as if you DON”T like it, she will cook it a lot. Act as if you love it and you will never see it again. EVER! I laugh as I type this because I have the same recollections of her cooking when I lived at home.)

My homeroom won a door decorating contest today. This is the 3rd year in a row that I won first place. I MIGHT have won this year because I was the only one who participated. Hey- everyone got the SAME newsletter I got. If you read it, you knew about the contest. I wasn’t going to INVITE competition. We would have won anyway- my kids are talented and did a great job on the door. (which is posted on the wall instead of the door- apparently the fire marshal doesn’t like covered doors or refrigerators, or microwaves, or extension cords, or ANYTHING! But that’s another story!) Apparently my door/wall will be in the newspaper in coming weeks. Check it out!

Yes, this is a picture less post. Go back and look at the LOTS of pics I posted from this weekend.

0 comments: