CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Briarpatch Arts Festival

Today was the first ever Briarpatch Arts Festival held in downtown Eatonton. I would call it a nice success…there was a crowd, music, food, and crafts…pretty good.

DSCF0020

We didn’t buy anything except for a few items that Jeff bought at a bake sale. Jenna got a cookie on a stick which I dubbed a “stookie”.

The booths stretched for 2 blocks followed by another block of ol timey cars.

DSCF0002

They had free jumpy houses and of course, Jenna dashed into one. They had one designated for children under 5. Jade got in and LOVED it!

DSCF0003

You can see her jumping with the kid in orange.

DSCF0008 DSCF0010

When we took her out she begged to get back in.

Nonni was supposed to work the jumpy house, but she left with us. Not sure who manned it after that. Hmmmm.

DSCF0012 DSCF0013 DSCF0014 DSCF0016

Jade wore her costume sans headband, but Jenna did not want to wear hers.

After a quick lunch, Jade enjoyed her bake sale score…and made a MESS.

DSCF0017 DSCF0018 DSCF0019

You can tell that she enjoyed her cookie.

We are watching the UGA/ Florida game now. Things are not looking good so far. :(

If the weather holds and the game doesn’t get too exciting, we will head over to a local “Trunk or Treat”. We went last year and had a LOT of fun. We don’t need anymore candy, but the activities will be fun.

We have turned on the porch light for Trick or Treaters. We rarely have any, but in case we do, I have a BIG BOWL of candy that my kids have scored over the last few days of activities. Is that considered regifting? Oh well if it is.

Well dang: Florida scores again and Tebow breaks Hershel Walker’s TD record. COngrats Tim. Here’s a Fact: Hershel did it in 3 years, took Tim 4. So there!

I attempted to make a couple of bday presents on my embroidery machine, but I have to have the timing fixed on my machine. The good news is that it’s covered under warranty. The bad news is that I have to wait for the repair man and then wait an additional week for him to fix it. Grrr! At least I have the October bday gifts finished. Too bad the November bdays are early in the month. Looks like they might be late.

1 comments:

cheryle said...

Nonnie had completed her assigned time when she left-oh yes she did! c