CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Shoot em Up, Bang–Bang

Yesterday, we had a day at home- just the 4 of us. We started out the day with a trip to Home Depot to buy a new over the range microwave. Ours still ran, but just stopped heating. It wasn’t even very old,  either. BOO to the HOO!

Fortunately, We found a “green tag” at HD that would do the trick. We paid and headed for a quick bite of Mexican. Poor Jeff spent WAY TOO LONG trying to install the microwave. What should have been a 15 min job, was over 2 hours! Finally, he figured out the problem was with the microwave (or so he SAID). He called HD, made the return, and had the new-new one installed in under 15 min.

phone 001phone 002

I made about 8 pillowcases for future bday presents. Jenna and I picked out some CUTE fabric and I will embroider names on each case as the party nears. (I already did 3.) The girls are ALWAYS going to parties and they get expensive. The parties are always fun, and I want kids to come to my girls’ parties, so I always make an effort to get them to the parties. I try to always have a nice go-to gift ready so that I don’t blow the budget.

Yesterday, during the microwave episode, Dawn, E, and Walker came over to shoot Walker’s .22 rifle that he got for Christmas. Jenna shot some, too and had a BLAST! They were actually pretty good shots. phone 003phone 004phone 005phone 006

Jade and I enjoyed watching.

 

phone 007

Today, Jenna has a friend, Kelsi over to play. They are outside tumbling right now. Jeff cleaned the Polaris and I finished up the pillowcases. My machine skipped timing yet AGAIN, but this time, I REFUSED to pay a repairman. Jeff went upstairs and tinkered with it until he finished and fixed it. WOOHOO! I impressed myself with realigning the project and seamlessly finishing the pillowcase. MANY thanks to Jeff!

Maybe I will post pics of the pillowcases soon. I am still debating posting them. I don’t want to ruin the birthday surprises, but they are SO cute! I must give Jenna credit. She has excellent taste in choosing fabrics and colors. I wish I had the $$$ to buy all the options that she chose.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote a long note and where is it???