CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

So, I woke up at 6am to take the ham out of the oven. I saw what Santa brought and took a couple of pics before the kids ransacked opened their gifts. I know every family does it differently with Santa. As a kid, Santa brought most everything- unwrapped. Jeff’s family contracted with Santa to only bring the big gift- unwrapped, and the parents do the rest. We have tried it both ways and I lost. Santa brings the big gift and the rest are from the parents. Santa and the parents share the stocking.

Jenna got an iPod touch from Santa. This was her biggest wish….and at THAT PRICE….it was BIG!

DSC_5041

Santa was kind and took the presents from under the tree and put them by the gifts from Santa.

DSC_5042

Jade got a picnic table with umbrella.

DSC_5043DSC_5045

at 7, Jade started stirring, so I woke Jenna up so that they could come see together.

DSC_5047

Both were SO sleepy.

DSC_5049

It took Jade a minute to go see her goods, but Jenna dove right in.

DSC_5050DSC_5053

Jenna showed MeMe and Pappy what an IPod Touch really is.

DSC_5055

The were SCHOOLED…It’s always fun to introduce the Grands to new technology.

DSC_5056

Jenna opened her stocking and spent the next 30 minutes making a bead necklace that was in it. Uncle Todd would have NEVER done that. He would have been disappointed that both girls did not tear open every gift in sight immediately.

DSC_5058DSC_5062DSC_5063

Jade’s favorite toy- a whoopee cushion.

DSC_5067DSC_5068DSC_5075DSC_5084

 

DSC_5085

Yep, that’s me recycling boxes again.

DSC_5086DSC_5087

We had breakfast….on the new table…and Jenna talked on her cell phone. We enjoyed a slow paced Christmas. It was nice not to have to rush to be ready for company by 8am. I have ALWAYS done Christmas breakfast, but I think I will not do that anymore. I enjoyed the quiet.

DSC_5093

I got busy cooking the lunch. I did 2 turkeys, a ham, dressing, cranberry sauce, gravy (from scratch), broc casserole, hashbrown casserole, tea, and dessert. Mama- Mac brought Mac n Cheese, eggs, and stuffed celery. I had never made dressing or gravy. Mama- Mac left asking for the recipe for the dressing and Daddy- Mac said it was the best ever. EVER- I mean he ate Ma-Ma’s, Mabel’s , Mama- Mac’s, Nonni’s, and he thinks MINE was the best. That’s success! (cause he would tell you if he didn’t like it.)

DSC_5095DSC_5097DSC_5098DSC_5100DSC_5101DSC_5104DSC_5105DSC_5106DSC_5108

Then, it was time for more gifts. Jade got a dollhouse and a Strawberry Shortcake playset.

DSC_5110

Jenna got Twinkle Toes, a shirt,and….

DSC_5111DSC_5112

 

 

a lapdesk. Doesn’t this desk look just like her?!

DSC_5113

MeMe and Pappy left and by naptime the house was quiet. Jane and Justin came to visit in the afternoon and we had a restful afternoon. By 2pm, I was undecorating.

It was a great holiday. Jade had a bit of an upset stomach. She is on some stronger antibiotics and she has given new meaning to “fill the stockings”. Jeff and I took her off the meds…it’s just not worth it.

2 comments:

Hope said...

Love the shirt Jenna has on!

Anonymous said...

Poor Jade! Once again Christmas was a success at your house! It's time to take a deep breath, sit back and enjoy the rest of the season. Love, ac