If you have forgotten who Harkel Harold is, please click here.
Today was our church Christmas Play. I said I wasn’t doing it this year. I said it for a WHOLE year. No one else would take my place, so ….you know…I did it. MARK MY WORDS- I AM NOT DOING IT NEXT YEAR! It was not that big of a deal, was very little work, and went together fine, but I’m done. (Unless the big man himself directs me to do it.)
Jeff took all the pics sent I was rather busy.
Here is our pastor, Mike.
His sweet wife, Shanon who also quit the play last year. Didn’t work for her, either.
Ok, so how did we pull off it with NO PRACTICES, little work, etc.….Here’s the deal. We don’t really do a play. We just tell the Christmas Story straight from Luke 2 and have the respective characters come out when their scripture is read. We have the older kids read, yes they use their scripts, and narrate the play. This year the big kids wanted to be animals….so, we let them. We have all the costumes and just reuse year after year.
How basic of a backdrop can you get?
Mary, Joseph, and the donkey…uhm, just remembered, we left the church without Jeff putting the set back in the attic and Jade's doll was left in the manger. Uh oh! (Told you I was TOO busy!)
The shepherds arrived.
Then the angels. Yep, there is Harkel HArold…She and Emme (HH2) had the only speaking lines. It’s kinda funny because at this point Harkel Harold is a real character that we refer to without laughing. I don’t know why Luke didn’t write about him.
My perch was here by the side door escorting the characters in at the right times.
Yes, that is Santa that you see….you see Santa bows to Jesus, too.
That’s a wrap!
Jenna did an excellent job! We left Jade out this year. She was Jesus last year, we thought better of it this year. Next year…she’s back in it.





0 comments:
Post a Comment