CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 26, 2010

White Christmas?

 

Last night at bedtime, the snow made it’s way to E-town. Most counties north of us had snow all day on Christmas. When we got up this morning, it was falling fast and heavy. It stuck for a bit, but as the sun rose, the melting began. It actually snowed steadily until noon-ish.

 

When Jade got up, I took her to the window and showed her the snow. She said, “Ewww, BUBBLES!” (note: she thinks bubbles are messy. She does not dig messes.)

 

We did take them out for a few minutes. Both girls were done within 5 minutes. I am the only one in my family that even knows what fun a GOOD snow day can be.  Jeff has never seen GOOD snow, the last GOOD one we had here was weeks before Jenna was born, so neither girl has seen the good stuff. That’s good, they are not disappointed when it’s just a wet mess like today.

 

DSC_5118

Jade got to wear the snowsuit that I got at Goodwill for $2. It’s Gymboree and I got it for Jade to have this year if it snowed, and to pass to Victoria next year. (She will get LOTS of use out of it. ) Now Sophie will get to wear it, too. I call that stretching a dollar (or 2).

DSC_5114

Jenna got to wear her raincoat that she got for Christmas.

DSC_5116

Jeff considered throwing this snowball at me, but thought better of it in the end. I think Jenna threw one at Jade and then Jeff hit Jenna to pay her back for hitting Jade. Just a minor snowball fight.

DSC_5117

I am SO thankful for this wet/ dreary day. One of the things I was MOST looking forward to this past week was a day with all 4 of us at home with NO plans. When Jeff got called in to work, those plans went South. Church was cancelled today and it’s too nasty to get out, so we got our day afterall.

0 comments: