CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Food Drive

Last Saturday morning, I joined AMS and several Jr. BETA members to help distribute food at the monthly food drive.

I heard that day that we distributed 6000 lbs of food, but the email I got after it was said and done, said 11K! WOW, no wonder I was sweating.

DSC_3029

We packaged boxes of food for shut ins and handed out food to those who were able to come and pick up.

 DSC_3041

The guy pictured above is the man in charge. He called out students over and explained to them that we do this because this is the time of month when food stamps run out, pay checks are spent, etc. We always do this the 3rd weekend of the month. I never knew why. I was glad he took the time to teach them.

 DSC_3042 DSC_3043 DSC_3045

This next picture kinda describes the pace at which we work. Whew!

DSC_3022

 

 DSC_3023

 

 DSC_3024

DSC_3045

Our kids helped the patrons carry their bags. Each family got about 200lbs of food. Our kids were SO tired and worked SO hard. After it was over, EVERY ONE of them asked could they help again next month. We actually had so many volunteers, that we had to turn some away. That’s impressive when you consider that we spent ALL Of Saturday morning do this.

0 comments: