Tonight is our annual hay ride. As you may remember from years past, we have decided to skip HAlloween at our house. The Trick or Treating is dangerous and the big kids get all scary and wicked. None of that is interesting to me AT ALL! However, I do want my kids to experience getting to dress up and of course, the candy! Add in the fact that Pop likes to do hayrides for his granddaughters, and you've got a winning combo. We invite a lot of friends and they all bring me a bag of candy. I set them up in big bowls or bags and Pop/Jeff hide them along the hayride route. At each station of candy, the kids hop off and raid the candy. In my opinion it's more fun because it's a HUGE gathering of our friends, safer because we bring our own candy and no strangers are involved, and healthier because well...uhm, is it really healthy to get this much candy?! Oh, yea, healthy because we give away toothbrushes at the end. ha! (Seriously, one of the mom's brought toothbrushes- LOVE IT!)
Our dining room is FULL of candy. I mean the table is COVERED, the chairs are full. It's like a wonderland of sweets. Jenna has done great leaving it alone. Poor Jade, she has my sweet tooth, and it has been torture for her. She just walks around the table and says, "Mama, Canny!" Yesterday, she was quiet for a while and I looked for her. I peeked into the dining room and I could see her feet dangling behind the buffet in the corner. She was sitting on the crock pot box, in the corner, behind the buffet, eating a lollipop. I took her pic and left her alone. Poor kid, she just couldn't take it anymore.
Jenna will wear her goddess costume again. I am so glad that she has gotten good wear from it. It's not my pic for a costume, but it is pretty and it has served her purpose well. I ordered it in a big size so if she ever needs to be a goddess again, she can. Jade's costume is my fav! It runs a close race with the costume Jenna wore when she was almost 2. (Jen was a ragdoll) Jade is going to be Strawberry Shortcake. (She calls her Bop, Bop.) She has a LONG wig and is so cute. I hope she will wear it, but I have a feeling she won't.
Stay tuned for a post on the hayride.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment