Jenna’s gifted class has been studying ancient Greece. One of their big projects was to create a living museum. For those who aren’t familiar with such, it is a museum of children dressed as statues of each character. As you approach each “statue”, they begin to speak about who they are representing and what they are about.
The name of the museum was Mt. Olympus Museum and was held in the school gym. Every student in the school came through and heard each character. I guess Jenna must have said her part about 75 times.
Jenna was the first one. She was Gaea, better known as Mother Earth. She held a globe that we partially covered in greenery. Each child was responsible for their own costume and prop.
Amanee was Neptune.
William was Pluto. He was one of Jenna’s classmates at Gatewood and has just moved to PCES and made gifted. We are glad to have him back with us!
Ryleigh was Vesta.
Maddy was Aphrodite.
Somehow I missed getting pictures of Landon and Kelsi. Boo! I guess there were 30-40 characters. They all did a great job! Every costume was fantastic.
I find it odd and a bit disturbing that schools are required to teach the gods and goddesses of ancient Greece, among other false religions, but they can not teach the truth of the real God.
Kudos to Jenna’s teacher, Ms. Meyers, for putting together such a great program on the gods of mythology.
I was off work today because it’s fall break. We have off today and Monday. Yay! It has felt like Saturday ALL day. Yesterday seemed like Friday. I love it when Friday comes early. (and even more when Monday comes late!) As much as I am not taking this break for granted, it is not the best time for a break. It is Jenna’s weekend with Justin, Jeff is away at Emmaus, and we don’t have money to play. It’s always more fun with Jenna and Jeff. Of course, I love Jade, but she is not extremely entertaining for 4 whole days! Jeff has almost all of our fun/ extra money tied up in his work trip from last week. He did not get reimbursed before he left on Thursday. I refuse to spend money for entertainment out of any other account, so we will stay home and rest all weekend. That’s not exactly a bad idea.
The fair is going on in Perry, but I hate to go without Jenna and Jeff….plus that would require money. Maybe Jeff can take the girls next week when I am at Emmaus.
Justin called and said he was sick and he would just get Jenna tomorrow. Jenna decided to go to her Grandmama’s and Papa’s tonight. Jade and I took her over there and visited a while. Jenna is spending the night.
I may try to take Jade out tomorrow and take her pictures. Hope she cooperates.
I think that’s about all.





0 comments:
Post a Comment