CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 4, 2010

Near Perfect Day on the Farm

Jeff was a bit stir crazy yesterday morning. It is a rare occasion when he does not want to go to church, but he really didn’t want to go. He is spending the whole next weekend at Emmaus, so I guess he will be ok. :) I had the bright idea that we should head to the pumpkin patch. We have never done this with our kids. Jenna has gone to this farm twice with her class and Jade has always gone to her daycare’s pumpkin patch. (rather, her daycare buys pumpkins, puts them on the front lawn for sale, and calls it a pumpkin patch!) Jeff and I had never been.

 

A few weeks ago Jeff put our Coke refrigerator for sale on Craig’s List. He sold it to the owner of this Pumpkin Patch called Washington Farms. It is located in Watkinsville. He gave us a brochure and it looked so fun. We almost went there this summer to pick strawberries, but didn’t. It was high time we go.

We loaded up the car a little before lunch and headed for the hour long trek (AC- that word was for you!) to Washington Farms.

DSC_3058DSC_3060DSC_3061DSC_3065

They have moved the farm activities to the back of the farm, so we took a hayride through the pumpkin patch to real fun.

Pop, take a look at this wagon!

DSC_3067DSC_3069

The first event we did was the pig races. Jenna was in charge of rooting for the blue pig, Faith Squeal. (as opposed to Hog McGraw! HA)

DSC_3080

Faith Squeal was in dead last. Jenna got a spider ring for the efforts.

 DSC_3081 DSC_3082

We then headed over to the Pumpkin fling. You put a mini pumpkin in a slingshot thingy and attempt to hit the bulls eye. (or at least the target) Jeff and Jenna hit it TWICE!

 DSC_3084 DSC_3087  

Jade’s bangs crack me up, here.

    DSC_3075

Jenna and Jade rode the cow train.

DSC_3137

and the bikes….

 DSC_3094

and powered the Duck Races with water pumps.

DSC_3096 DSC_3102 DSC_3105

They both loved the slides. Jenna loved these rolly ones that reminded me on the big blue one that Burger King had when I was little. This one was rough, though!

 DSC_3109 DSC_3113

Jade preferred the pipe slide and she would shoot out of it like a rocket!

 DSC_3116 DSC_3120

Rather than a sand box, they had a corn box! What fun!!!

DSC_3126 DSC_3130 DSC_3131 DSC_3132

Jeff helped me with the Pumpkin Fling….we missed!

DSC_3232

Petting Zoo…rabbits

DSC_3144

Peacocks…calf, goats, hog…

 DSC_3147

We played on the Bounce Pillow…

DSC_3154 DSC_3157

The sign said NO FLIPPING….Uhm, Sorry?

 DSC_3158 DSC_3177

So fun!

DSC_3183

Jenna liked the Vortex Tunnel, but I HATED it! It is just like the one at WOnderworks or Ripley’s Believe It or Not. Its black, glow lights, spins…you walk across a bridge that doesn’t move, but you sure feel like you do. ICK!

 DSC_3184

There was a HUGE corn maze. I typically hate mazes because I am claustrophobic, but I did ok in the corn. (Since I could have trampled the corn if I needed to get out.)

 DSC_3185

To get into the maze you had to go to this tower and then slide (Yes, on one of the bumpy slides.) into the patch.

 DSC_3186 DSC_3187 DSC_3194

It was a LONG way down.

DSC_3205

Once in the maze, well, good luck. It took us about 35 minutes.

DSC_3211 DSC_3214 DSC_3217

Throughout the patch there were clues that would help you make turns. There were also 3 bridges that helped you. It was so fun.

DSC_3219 DSC_3220

 

 DSC_3227 

Then, there was a corn gun. You put an ear of corn in a barrel and shot it at one of the signs. So appropriate.

 DSC_3236 DSC_3237 DSC_3238 DSC_3242 DSC_3244

We then headed back on the hayride and picked our pumpkins.

 DSC_3246 DSC_3259 DSC_3260 DSC_3261 DSC_3262 DSC_3266

It was such a fun day! The weather was PERFECT. We stayed over 4 hours. we then headed into Athens to eat at Olive Garden. I had a gift card from my birthday. Thanks MeMe and Pappy!

 

By the time we headed home, hysteria had set in. I mean the kids were hyped, Jeff was out of sorts, and I was ready to get home. I documented part of our ride home so that you could be a part of the CRAZINESS. Prepare yourself.

First, Jeff’s speedometer whacks out sometimes. So, it appeared that we were driving upwards of 120mph. Ha! (We have a little computer thingy that tells his speed. We just used that.) It was fun to peg the truck out, though. Ha!

DSC_3269

At one point I turned around and saw this…WHAT? Why does Jenna have a towel and a pony tail on her head? Look at Jade’s hair? Heavens to Betsy!

 DSC_3270

Jeff’s always clean truck looked like this. WOW!

 DSC_3272

Here is a 2 min video from the last 2 min of our trip. You can experience the hysteria for yourself. Imagine you are trapped  in this truck after a FULL day the pumpkin patch. I have never considered drinking because of the kids, but last night, I considered it. JK. I didn’t tell anyone I was videoing, I just turned on the camera. You can’t see anything (except the pegged out speedometer. ha) since it was dark. Your ears will be all the senses that you need. Trust me.

 

BTW- The “tootles” that you hear are from Jade’s fav TV show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Jeff, Jenna, and Jade just couldn’t/ wouldn’t quit. All there was to do was laugh at this point.

0 comments: