CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

UGA v Carolina

This weekend Jeff and I traveled to Athens to spend the weekend with Uncle Joe and Aunt Carol. They have a super nice RV at Bulldog Park which is a “luxury RV park” centralized around a love for UGA. It’s a great place!

DSCF0042

Anthony and Ashley camped with us and that made the fun all the more.

DSCF0043

This is all 6 of us at “The Snakepit”. This is a guy’s RV just down the park. He loves to cook, entertain, and play LOUD music. There are reasons that his place is called “The Snakepit”;  one of which is the drinks that he serves there. I did not try them and probably never will. Aunt Carol (who says I don’t talk enough about her on the blog) had one of the drinks and will probably go back for more.

DSCF0047

Jeff and I sat with Julie and Craig at the game. Boy was this game fun to watch. It was so close and both teams were constantly scoring. I LOVE SEC football. I rooted for UGA, but I kinda wish Carolina had won. They played so hard and deserved a win.

DSCF0048 DSCF0050

Julie and I were HOT. The temperature high was only 78, but we had to rush to our seats and we got hot in the meantime. The exciting game did not help to cool us off, either.

  DSCF0001

You may recognize this bald head. This is Mike Woods AKA “Big Dawg”. He came through the park handing out pics and autographs. He attempted to drive by, pass out 1 picture, and drive off. Aunt Carol would NOT have that. She whistled so loudly that he heard her, put his truck in reverse, and came back and visited for quite a while. You probably see him barking during the game. He has been doing this for a LONG time and his father did it before him.

DSCF0003

As bedtime arrived little did we know that more laughs were in store. This camper sleeps 9, but what it doesn’t specify is that you must be less that 4’10” for this to all work. There is a regular King sized bed in the master and after that your bed choices are limited. Jeff and I chose the bed you see in the below picture. Notice how the head of the mattress is curled.

DSCF0008

Lay down and it goes flat….

DSCF0011

sit up and the mattress sits with you…i think I remember a commercial for beds like this. Seems like they were expensive.

DSCF0012

Uncle Joe decided to try the bed and Jeff joined him. Made us think of the time that we were in Canada and TOdd climbed in bed with Uncle JOe…good times….

DSCF0016 

Here is AUnt Carol commanding Uncle Joe to push the 2x6s further under the bed. You see if not for these boards the bed slopes downhill. With the exception of having to sleep in my coat both nights due to arctic air blasting from the a/c, I slept just fine.

DSCF0017

Tailgating is so much fun! I love going to the games, but in the event of not having a ticket, I’m happy hanging out here watching the games on TV. (or TVS- the camper has 6!)

DSCF0021 DSCF0023 DSCF0027

Here I am at the Snakepit. If you want to know what’s in the “Snakepit” drink, just read the sign behind me. No way I was drinking that!

DSCF0037 DSCF0039

Thanks so much to Uncle Joe and AUnt CArol for the tickets and the hospitality. We had so much fun!!!
Thanks to my parents for keeping the girls.

It’s back to work tomorrow.

1 comments:

Hope said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Thanks for making me remember about our trip to Canada and the craziness of Anthony and Todd the night Todd got in the bed with Uncle Joe. Good Times!