Tonight was the first night of soccer season. Thus begins approx 13 weeks of sheer craziness! Jenna really likes soccer so I’m going to give it a good try. I hate to teach her to be a quitter, but if things don’t get better than they were tonight, we will be quitting!
Practice was a 6:30tpm in Milledgeville. We decided to move to this soccer league rather than our local league because they actually have practices throughout the season. In the past we had 2 practices and then 2 games per week with little to no skills being taught. This was just the way the league was designed. AT the new league we have 2 practices per week and 1 game per week. The practices were supposed to be Mondays and Thursdays with games on Saturdays. COme to find out pratices are Mondays and Wednesdays with games on Thursdays and/or Saturdays. Which means we will be in Milledgeville 3 school nights per week. On Thursdays we will leave cheerleading at 6pm to head to a game at 6:30. I am NOT happy.
To add insult to injury this league does not play nor teach positions either. They don’t even play with goalies! We had goalies in the local league last year! Grrr!!! So why am I driving to the next town?
Even worse Jade SCREAMED, not cried, SCREAMED the whole car ride- BOTH WAYS!
School starts tomorrow. We are NOT off to a good start. Let’s hope it gets better from here.
Seth just reminded me that there was one redeeming factor of the night. Today was free sandwich night at Chick Fil A if you wore your team logo. Needless to say we all wore our gear. Yes, even Jade wore her gear. I am sad yet proud to say that I was the only one who wore UGA gear. The rest of the car wore USC gear. Too bad Ryleigh went home with Ansley or we could have had 6 free sandwiches rather than just 5. Those sandwiches are now in the fridge saved for Wednesday night when we travel to M'ville for more soccer and I won't have time to cook!
(Speaking of fridge: the one on the backporch has quit working! Jeff just went out and smacked it with his cast and it started working. I couldn't make this up!)





0 comments:
Post a Comment