Today was Jenna and my first day of school. Jenna started 2nd grade at her new school and I started my 13th year teaching at the same school, but a different building.
Jeff took Jenna to school this morning. She was very excited and ready to start the year.
Here is the obligatory “stand in front of the fireplace on the first day of school”pic. I should go back and gather all of her first day pics from 2 yr old preschool until now.
She is in Mrs. Brown’s class.
Poor Jeff! (no, he’s not hurt again) he took Jenna to school. I had warned him that it would be crazy. It took him 1 hr and 7 minutes to get her dropped off. I thought it would be better since they split the school in half, but I guess not.
Jenna had a wonderful day at school. She had a surprise when Nonni came to visit her class and to read to them. She loved that!
The afternoon bus ride to my school was not such a good thing! She should get to my school around 3:10 and she did not arrive until 4:10!!! She was so very hot and tired and ticked off and overwhelmed! I hope this part gets better because I don’t know what plan B will be.
Before you think I forgot, Linus is still coming along. She is fully quilted with the exception of the border area. Maybe in a few days I will get that done. It has to be done by Sept 19 because that’s the day of the next quilt class that AMS and Gloria so graciously signed me up for.
My first day was ok. The day started with me walking into a building with no air conditioning. (only parts of the school) After being told that the a/c would be on wide open, I thought I would be smart and wear a light sweater. Grrr!
Students were lost, but not permanently, air was broken- but got fixed, technology was non existent- but was being installed as I left this afternoon….gonna be a good year! My students seem great. (yes, there are a few- there always are!)





0 comments:
Post a Comment