CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Guess Who has the Flu?

I had full intentions on skipping the flu again this year, but apparently this did not happen. It seems that the heebie jeebies that Jenna and I have had over the last week has been a mild case of Type A (generic, old- school) flu. I guess our old vaccinations helped us not to go “full- blown”. Jade on the other hand, has never had a flu shot and her symptoms are worse. She has a higher fever and a croupy cough. She sounds more like a bulldog than ever!

The Macs kept her this morning while I worked half a day. (I know- you are thinking “why let your elderly grandparents keep a sick baby?!” Well, my answer to you is this, “ I challenge you to tell them that you are not going to LET them keep her!” It doesn’t work well. Mama- Mac asked the Health Dept last week about this just in case it happened and I insisted that she call again tonight to verify. Both times the nurses said, “keep the baby.” So, pray for the Macs!

Jade slept a LOT today, but it still wasn’t relaxing for me as I felt I needed to keep constant watch on her.

This picture shows Jade waiting patiently for Jenna to get out of school. Carpool took 55 minutes!!!! I’m sure there is a better way!!

 

DSC_4913

Jenna is going to be our future doctor. She made phone calls to the numerous people that needed to call while we were at the doctor’s office. The phone rang over and over. She also had to call the Macs to initiate the Health Dept call and she called to see about borrowing a nebulizer from Bryn.

DSC_4915

Apparently, I still LOOK like I have the flu even though I feel bunches better.

DSC_4917

Jenna measured Jade while we waited.

DSC_4918 DSC_4919

I don’t ever remember having a doctor who served popsicles! Apparently it hurt her to swallow at first, but she ended up eating the whole thing.

DSC_4920

DSC_4921

In the end we ended up with Type A Flu diagnosis that should go away soon. We have a nebulizer (insurance paid for one from dr- YEA) to use 4 times each day, a steroid syrup, and Tamiflu. H&M Drugs was out of Tamiflu and Dr. Brar said not to worry, Jade would heal without it. Pray she heals FAST!

To those of you who are thinking, “eek, I have been around the Mullis family recently.” Fear not….well, maybe you should fear. Dr. Brar said all of M’ville had it and it seems that it’s Putnam’s turn. She says she is seeing it over and over. Fortunately, the cases are mild enough to be easily treated.

No school for Jade tomorrow. Pray she is better and can go back Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hurting for little sweet darling Jade. I am so sorry we were out of the meds. How exciting, Put Put crawling! Wish they were closer to watch. Give the babies a kiss for me..

Aunt Mary Sue said...

Hope everyone is better soon. Can't wait to see pictures of Victoria.

Anonymous said...

let me know if you need me to keep her tomorrow. love you, c