CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Are you ready for some fooootbaaal?

Today starts the UGA football season. This is one of my favorite seasons of the year. Jeff and I always watch Saturday football together. Sometimes we watch with friends and sometimes we score tickets to a game. We watched Thursday night's Carolina game and sweated to the last few minutes before Carolina was able to secure the win. That made a very nice start to the SEC season.

Later today we will meet some friends at the movie theater to tailgate and then go in to watch the game in the theater. UGA plays Ok State at 3:30 today. I work with a lady whose son in law is the tight end coach for Ok State. This is a BIG game for her.

Next week UGA v USC and it's the only week that Jeff and I don't root for the same teams.

Before I am can have any fun today I have chores to do. I neglected the house and other duties with work this week. I have to clean, do my laundry, and get a week's worth of mail from the mailbox. I will get in the groove in time.

Seth is here and Jeff is in HOG HEAVEN! He loves it when his friends come to visit him. I will post some pics later. You can read about Seth on my "Wedding Party" post several weeks back. He and Jeff played f-ball at USC together.

We took Jenna to meet her teachers yesterday. She has Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Slappey. I hear that they make a great team and that they will challenge Jenna to her max! We also met her gifted teacher, Mrs. WOoten. I already knew her from social stuff. I know Jenna will like her new school and teachers. We took her teachers some goodies that included chocolate, Calgon, and monogrammed goodies. Actually, I forgot to make Mrs. Wooten a gift bag- I will get to that right away.

Please pray for my friend Mary Ann. She showed up at work yesterday very ill. Fortunately, she took our advice and went to the ER. Tests are being run and she is getting some answers to her icky feelings. Things look scary at times, but I know that she will be fine very soon.


The student who was with me when the parent bared his hairy belly to scratch sent me a text yesterday saying that the same parent was at the other school's open house and was wearing the same outfit. So fitting! Don't get me wrong: I don't think the man is a danger to anyone(or I would report it further than I did and I certainly wouldn't be joking about it). It's just that I was shocked that a grown man did that. Some people!!!

I have blogged enough now. I have to get to cleaning, washing, and the mail. Come back later for pics from the game. Gonna be fun!

Gooooo Dawgs!

0 comments: